Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Numa 2 update

The Crumar Mojo has plenty of tweakability whereas the Numa does not. So the tweaking has to happen with matching the speakers and the amp.

Or a Vent. Which would probably also address your mono/stereo issue.

when I had a Numa, the Vent addressed that issue for sure. Mono out into the Vent, stereo out from the Vent. For me it made all the difference in the world. Sorry if this is OT. Carry on. :thu:

:nopity:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The suggestion to try a Ventilator with the Numa is a good one.

A couple years ago I got on a stage ( a jam session) and the player had a Numa, a Ventillator and a pair of QSC 8'' 2 ways.

All I did was turn the horn level on the Ventillator down and it made all the difference in the world.

I didn't even use the spin function. The Ventillator tamed the shrillness down and I spent the set just enjoying the tone I was getting.

So the things that a Ventillator does can compensate for some of the tweakability that the Numa lacks. I have had that experience.

Percussion problem fixed. No repair required. I was out of town for a week and had loaded a preset that must have had some squirrelyness built in. When I restarted the keyboard and set up the drawbars, percussion and split from scratch, I was unable to reproduce the no percussion on the top channel when in a split.

I do have one complaint about my numa though. I do like the Pedal to Lower button which will add the pedal drawbars to the Lower register. However, this only works from the numa itself. If you plug in an external MIDI controller controlling the lower register, Pedal to Lower only works from the numa keyboard and not the MIDI keyboard plugged in to MIDI In on the numa.

Yamaha Motif XF8, Crumar Mojo, Roland AX Lucina, Presonus Studio One Professional

• 4 years later...
I've been looking for a good organ clone with 73 or 76 keys that I can also use as a controller for quality extra sounds. I like my SK1 for organ but I'm tired of it's weak extra voices plus I really want that extra octave anyway. I decided to resurrect this thread because I was surfing around for a 76 key organ or controller and the Numa 2 popped up new for $1,099! That's a heckuva deal for what seems like a pretty good clone and according to this thread using it as a controller opens up the full 73 keys. Since this thread is now 5 years old those here who have one, how's it holding up? Anybody tired of theirs and wants to sell it?
Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...