Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland HP3000s dead contacts...

Justin Havu

Hey all! I was given a Roland HP3000s piano yesterday. It uses the same SA synth engine as the RD-1000. Everything works just fine on it, except that there are two sections of the keyboard that are not sounding at all--even after cleaning all the contacts (F3 to B3, and F8 to C8.) The piano uses the HS-688 setup (Same as the A80,) but after an hour on google, I haven't been able to unearth anything.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm. I'll check that out. I'm wondering if there might be a broken trace somewhere on the contact PCB's too. If that's the case, it may come down to me finding replacement PCB's for the SK-688 keybed. I'd only need the mid and high sections. The low section is still fully functioning.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Looked at the ribbon connectors and cables, and they looked intact, so not sure what the issue is. I may just wind up junking it. I can't afford to spend money on parts for this piano.

Hardware

Software

Archived