Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digidesign has acquired the plug-in assets of Bomb Factory

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting.But,it looks like Erik gets the last laugh here as interest in BF plugs have all but faded in light of UAD and other plugs.The way I look at it, Erik gets to cash in his chips at the right time and Digi gets stuck holding the Bomb. :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Well, the customer service should improve dramatically.

Yes, how could it not improve?

I wonder what Erik will do next. No I don't.

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Originally posted by Mats Olsson.:

/Mats

He's going to become the spokesmodel for the new Mellotron Eyewear Company. Good for him. :thu:

http://www.mellotron.com/images/erik1.jpg

Originally posted by Bunny.:

/Mats

He's going to become the spokesmodel for the new Mellotron Eyewear Company. Good for him. :thu:

Are we talking about that mr. knowitall better "Bombguy" here?
Stirring shit up since 1968

Originally posted by bassix:

Originally posted by Bunny.:

quote:

/Mats
He's going to become the spokesmodel for the new Mellotron Eyewear Company. Good for him.
:thu:

Are we talking about that mr. knowitall better "Bombguy" here?

He looks exactly like I expected he would, mister Big Mouth Bomb whatever.

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

I have two things I'm wondering:

Will Digidesign continue development? It would not make sense to buy the plugs and then drop it, right? Then again, look at Gibson and Opcode. :rolleyes:

And I wonder if Digidesign will restructure the prices and / or offer different bundles?

Anyone heard any rumors? I forgot to ask at NAMM - I am SUCH an idiot. :freak:

I am SUCH an idiot. :freak:

Sorry, but I have to disagree. :thu:
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Peeps can slag off on Gavriluk all they want, but those BF plugs are dope.

The vintage compressors are ill. The LA2A on female vocals is sublime, the 1176 makes a drum submix rock furiously, and the Joe Meek compressor can make a mix buss pump real nice if you know just how to set it.

The Moogerfooger plugs are ill, especially the Lowpass Filter...that plug does amazing things to sequenced basslines.

The Pultec EQP-1A...ahhh...ya know, I normally don't use factory presets, but that plug has some drum mix presets that have opened up the sound of the entire mix when applied to the drum submix.

It's a shame Erik's online personality can be so divisive, because if you tune out that shit and really follow what he says, there's a lot to learn from the guy. He's a twisted genius for sure, and I always admired the fact that he didn't seem to give a fuck what peeps thought of him, even though perhaps that might not have been 100% productive from a business standpoint. But I don't think he really gave a fuck about that either.

Whatever he does, I wish him luck. You KNOW he'll never starve - like him or hate him, you gotta admit he's a smart mutherfucker one way or the other.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

posted by Jonathan Hughes:

Mutherfucker, yes. Smart? Certainly not in terms of business sense. I wouldn't use "smart" to describe someone whose non-stop dickery keeps people from buying his product.

Plenty of peeps bought his products. Hell, Digidesign bought the whole goddamned product line.

Fathom a guess what they paid for it, look at the balance on your next ATM reciept, and get back to us in regards to the profitability of "non-stop dickery."

Not that I care. My clients are thrilled with the results I get with Erik's products, which means a lot more to me than how much of a jerk-off you think he is.

No offense, dude, but we haven't used any Jonathan Hughes plugins here lately, as "nice" a guy as you may be.

Call me cynical, but I'd rather do business with a highly intelligent jerk-off than a dumbfuck "nice-guy" any day.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

posted by Jonathan Hughes:

Mutherfucker, yes. Smart? Certainly not in terms of business sense. I wouldn't use "smart" to describe someone whose non-stop dickery keeps people from buying his product.

Plenty of peeps bought his products. Hell, Digidesign bought the whole goddamned product line.

Call me cynical, but I'd rather do business with a highly intelligent jerk-off than a dumbfuck "nice-guy" any day.

Maybe Digidesign did it in order to shut his mouth off :D

BTW... who's this Erik guy?

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

I love my BF plugins and my clients do too.

I'm a little concerned about Digi running the show, however. Like him or hate him, Erik did some pretty cool customer service stuff in the last 3 months:

- 48K version of Plutonium bundle with upgrade to HD available for price difference plus $50

- giving bundle owners free new plugins that were developed after they bought the bundle

- support for Mix and HD for all plugins

Looks like Digi isn't going to do any of those things.

Rats........

Yeah, what a nice guy he really is, a true genius.

I thought he only looks like an asshole, here's his hopefully last post, you can find it at mixerman's board at PSW.

unibombguy

Here Often

Return to top

Posted: 19 Jan 2004 21:41

Post subject: Boobfactory sells all to Dickidozine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats right suckers I'm outta here, I have sold all controlling interest to DiCkIe de-Signed and their PT (pretty toys) software systems.

ALL BOOBFACTORY PLUG-INS are now owned by DiCkIe de-Signed and from henceforth forever more they will be handling all customer support.

Don't fucking call me. Call them.

I made a butt-load (of cash), and with my Millionaire fathers fortune and my Microsnot GUI royalties I will be retiring to Jamaca or the Caymen islands where I will no longer need to hassle 17 year old pirates but will be actually hanging out with real pirates like Jack Sparrow.

Don't fuckin call me anymore if your bagels and iLox don't work.

Never call me when your system registry gets corrupted and your machine dumps.

Don't even think about calling me if your dongle goes limp.

I don't want to hear about plug-ins not being registered or sounding like crap 'cause we all know that a company like DiCkIe de-Signed would never buy plug-ins that don't sound EXACTLY LIKE THE REAL HARDWARE VERSIONS.

Knock yourselves out losers, I'm gonna buy me a keyboard and play backup for an eighties band, (occasionally)

Oh and one last thing fuck off panty losers I win.

Earache Guivafuc

WARNING! DANGER!

The link at the end of Erics letter will take you to a site with non-safe content. You will also get forced to install software.

DON'T CLICK THAT LINK!

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

WARNING! DANGER!

The link at the end of Erics letter will take you to a site with non-safe content. You will also get forced to install software.

DON'T CLICK THAT LINK!

/Mats

Pardon my french, but WHAT an ass. ANYONE who would intentionally post a link to a damaging site like that is a jerk :mad:

I'm sorry I gave them any money. The plugs are good for what they are, but his attitude and their customer service sucked. Glad to see he's gone. If I never read another post from that jerk, it will be too soon.

Bye Erik - enjoy the islands. Yeah, from your viewpoint, you win. But even with all your money, you have more people who dislike you than I do. Even with my parent's millions (which I do no tap into, although I am in the trust) and my humble personal assets, I think at the end of the day I'd rather be in my shoes than in yours. Therefore, *I* win.

Actually, now that you're gone, I think all BF owners win.

Sorry guys, didn't know that, so I edited the link away.

It might give you a pretty bad virus, here's some info: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bugbear.b@mm.html

What an asshole! :mad:

Hey Sign, I hope you didn't think I was calling YOU an ass - I wasn't. I assumed you had no idea... but Erik, well, based on the timbre of his post, I'm near certain HE knew what he was doing.

Just wanted to clear that up just in case there was any confusion.

Archived