Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

laptop stand ..advice/recommend what to buy.

jazzdoc52

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Roland SS-PC1 Laptop Stand with Tripod Base.

Pros: very stable, has padded clamps to prevent the laptop from sliding off

Con: it doesn't fold down completely so it's not as easy to transport as it could and should be.

I have one of these things:

http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/page_turner_with_laptop_stand.194112522_std.jpg

It's sold online by a company called Bilila. On their item page, it's now difficult to see the bare laptop platform cause they've started selling a non-glare hood (primarily for outdoor photographers, I presume) attachment (which I don't have). It's like a folding music stand with a specialized laptop platform. The legs and central column are metal, the platform is plastic.

Pros - Stable tripod base. The laptop platform has elastic bands on both the front and rear so you can secure your laptop to the tray nicely. Packs very compact. Has its own carry bag. Infinite height adjustment. Doesn't block any of your ports, as even the rear swivel part is open at the bottom. Very light.

Cons - Very light, and therefore not bullet-proof sturdy. The tray is plastic, not metal. At standing height, I could imagine it could be tipped over.

Anyway, I like it for both my laptop and my AH Zed 10FX mixer - as long as it's no taller than seated height. It's proven really useful, as long as I keep it out of an obvious tip-over / drink-spill potential situation.

I have the Roland SS-PC1 Laptop Stand with Tripod Base.

Pros: very stable, has padded clamps to prevent the laptop from sliding off

Con: it doesn't fold down completely so it's not as easy to transport as it could and should be.

+1!!!

I use the floor standing Quiklok at home and the X stand mounted version at gigs.

Strong well made, arms grip laptop so it can safely hold the laptop on an angle. May be a bit heavier than other options.

X stand version slips onto a collar you permanently attach to the X stand, they have Z stand version also.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived