Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Signs of the Apocalypse

It started in I think 1988 when Tony Bennett collaborated with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Or maybe it was when Newt Gingrich got his science fiction book published? Or maybe it was when a Hollywood actor became president - that's probably when it started.... Now we have: An ex-president admitting to getting an extra-marital bj. Another president that was arrested for DUI. Most of congress starring in a rap video. Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, ne Doobie, advising the Pentagon. There's a 16 year old kid where I work that has "Angry angry box of chocolate" tattooed on his back. "Ain't" IS a word. A U.S. "missile defense system" being built with Russian parts. Vomiting and grunting sounds passing for "singing" in music. "Gourmet" coffee made from beans passed through a monkey's digestive tract. Johnny Cash covering Soundgarden songs. Metallica sold out. Sting doing country. TR-808's sell for 5 times what they listed for 15 years ago. TS-808's sell for 5 times what they listed for 15 years ago. A human dunked a basketball by jumping over the top of another a 7'4" human. A human did a back flip 50 feet in the air on a motorcycle. "The Sterilizer" is a trick humans do for entertainment on a motorcycle. Some humans tattoo their face for entertainment. Some humans put holes in their genitalia for entertainment. Some humans drink blood for entertainment. Autotune. You can see someone's entire face get surgically removed on television, but you can see a female aureola. Air costs $.50 at the gas station. You have to ask for ketchup at the drive through when you order french fries. Strom Thurmond is STILL in congress. People STILL think heroin is cool. Charles Manson is a pop icon. Che Guevarra is a pop icon. Nothing is made in the U.S.A. anymore except German and Japanese cars. It turns out there's an American who joined the ranks of the Taliban. Autotune. Basically, NOTHING is not only not shocking, but the more absurd it is the more likely it WILL happen. Sigh. I thought I'd feel better...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These aren't signs of the apocalypse, Chip. They're just signs of a self-absorbed, out of touch, too-well-off-for-their-own-good culture. :D Personally, I'm not going to worry until Lee starts dating keyboard players. ;) [ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: dansouth@yahoo.com ]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chip McDonald: There's a 16 year old kid where I work that has "Angry angry box of chocolate" tattooed on his back. I'm really intrigued by this one. There must be a good story behind it. Thanks for the list Chip. With all the advances of human culture we are still a pretty goofy species eh?

[quote]Originally posted by coaster: [b]SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE: #1. i am out of pot. i have been straight since sunday. god, you people are boring when i am not high.[/b][/quote] Shit, man - you needed pot to get excitement out of these people? I needed it to make these people seem [i]normal![/i] :D :p [ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: 'rold ]
meh

Tedster, sorry if I was too cryptic. What I meant was that the young misguided jazz junkies will end up being just as silent as Bird is. On account of all of 'em being dead. Quiet as the tomb and all that. Not very musical, dead people. I've GOT to stop reading H.P. Lovecraft on weeknights.

Aha...mysterious ghostly double-post from the crypt. Sorry. There are no back buttons in the afterlife. Something to look forward to, I suppose. [ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Arjay ] [ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Arjay ]

[quote]Originally posted by coaster: [b]SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE: #1. i am out of pot. i have been straight since sunday. god, you people are boring when i am not high.[/b][/quote] Heh... kinda like the joke: Q. What did one Deadhead say to the other when they ran out of pot? A. Damn, this music sucks! --Lee

[quote]Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com: [b] Personally, I'm not going to worry until Lee starts dating keyboard players. ;) [/b][/quote] Sheesh, ya know, that could happen. I mean, here I've found the perfect drummer, but he's married. But I don't know if I could date another drummer now, cuz I'm really a one-drummer kinda girl. :D So it may be time to broaden my horizons. Damn! It MUST be the apocalypse! --Lee

[quote]Vomiting and grunting sounds passing for "singing" in music[/quote] It's not singing, it's another instrument. (Lot's of distortion junkies lurking about.) [quote] Metallica sold out. [/quote] Don't get me started! :) [quote] T-Ster I think RJay really means it this time. (or should we make him apologize again?) [/quote] LOL!!!Oh shit, I wet my pants on that one. :D Hey coaster, pot just helped you rationalize the amount of time you spend posting here! :)

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] Sheesh, ya know, that could happen. I mean, here I've found the perfect drummer, but he's married. But I don't know if I could date another drummer now, cuz I'm really a one-drummer kinda girl. :D So it may be time to broaden my horizons. [/b][/quote] That faint, distant whistling noise you hear is the sound of Hell freezing over. I wonder if this means that the Bills will win the Super Bowl. ;)

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b]So it may be time to broaden my horizons. Damn! It MUST be the apocalypse![/b][/quote] Awww, it ain't [i]that[/i] far a jump, Lee! After all, the keyboard [i]is[/i] a percussion instrument... ;) Piano and/or Hammond players should be okay, doncha think? Just stay away from the synth/drum machine guys, and you'll be fine. Just think Nicky Hopkins... :D dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

[quote]Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com: [b] That faint, distant whistling noise you hear is the sound of Hell freezing over. I wonder if this means that the Bills will win the Super Bowl. ;) [/b][/quote] ******[b]BASTID!!!!!!![/b]****** [img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20011203/capt.1007355816bills_49ers_caps112.jpg[/img] Buffalo Bills safety Travares Tillman bows his head in the last minute of the Bills 35-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers, in San Francisco, Sunday, Dec. 2, 2001(AP)
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

Archived