Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboards in guitar-based blues

Dr88s

Don't sweat the petty things, Pet the sweaty things.

This is great! Can I steal it for a signature on another forum I use?

I had to check to see who posted, I thought it was wmp!

Right! Wayne is the King of the 'one liners' I've been trying to change my sig to something he said recently that was gold. He said "sorry...but I'm allergic to bullshit." :laugh: Im having trouble editing profile for some reason but thats Awesome! Brother CEB said that statement your talking about..so he's steppin up too! :thu: still say the kc is the best forum online! Such diversity and collective knowledge! ...and some really funny shit! ! Lol!

SSM

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure I think I got that line from a local radio guy.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 3 weeks later...

I have really enjoyed reading this thread!!!!!

I haven't been here in a while, but I wanted to stop by. I've been unsatisfied with my playing lately. I get to solo a lot with the band, and everyone is complementary. But... I don't think I'm really getting it. So I've started a quest. I want to play better. Maybe I'll make a post about that, but for now, I'd like to comment on this thread. Here is what I've learned so far:

1. Practice the blues scale in all the keys you play in. Practice them over and over again.

2. Play along with recordings. Solo along with recordings.

3. Listen a lot! As part of my quest, I've been really listening to Pinetop Perkins and, just recently, Otis Span. I feel that if I can get Pinetop, I'll have moved up a level.

David

Archived