Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 keyboards

Griswold

Hi all I really enjoy reading the wisdom here and have gotten some good advice, along with quite a few laughs. Anyway, it seems like someone else always says what I was thinking before I get around to making a post. So sorry about being SO anonymous.

I got back into playing several years ago after a semi-forced retirement from the scene I then started researching keyboards. I still own my Rhodes, Clavinet & MiniMoog but didnt have any interest in lugging them around to gig with. I had sold my Jupiter-6, DX-7 & other keys as well. My beautiful B3 & 2 Leslies I sold back in the Midwest because I didnt have any room for them in NY. The good news is I decided to pick up my first Kurzweil PC3 which I instantly fell in love with. Sure there is a learning curve but that is true for anything in life which is worthwhile. My Father used to say If it was easy, everyone would do it! Thanks to the guys on the old forum & especially Dave W & Jean at Kurzweil I have grown to really feel comfortable with this beast.

So the last few years I have been getting along with setups & keyboard splits on the Kurz to handle everything. I know that I only have two hands buy I always felt like something was missing since I always used to have at least 2 keyboards on-stage. Last week I picked up a Kronos 61 on clearance at GC. BTW I rarely buy anything from them but I have made some dear friends & great contacts from just stopping in, playing & talking to the folks there. Networking is never bad. Anyway I know there are zillions of reviews, comparisons & opinions about both of these keyboards so I wont start another. I just wanted to point out that the Kronos & the Kurz are both amazing but each do their job differently. Most importantly now that I can play them simultaneously the combined sounds IMO are just what I was looking for. I love being able to play 2 independent musical passages with 2 separate keyboards i.e. Rhodes & B3, B3 & horns, Pads & Synth. These 2 together simply result in Sonic lusciousness.

My birthday was Mon & I have far outlived my diagnosis from years back so I guess I just wanted to share my gratitude for life, music, friends, talents that I dont deserve & finally 2 keyboards!

Peace,

Larry G

Kurzweil Forte 7, PC3, PC4, Hydrasynth, Kronos 61, UltraNova, Rhodes, Clavinet D6, MiniMoog, GSI Burn, ELX112Ps, SpaceStation, Assorted Weapons

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Larry to the land of insanity. I've had my Kronos for about two years now and still haven't scratched the surface of what it'll do. I would also love to have a Kurzweil PC3 as I think they would be a wonderful compliment to each other. Good luck and for crying out loud ... don't forget to eat and sleep!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived