Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studiologic Numa Stage - new, tweaked fatar action

The Piano Man

Has this been discussed...

http://www.studiologic-music.com/numa-stage.html

Replaces the Numa Piano. Interesting to note they have tweaked the TP100 action and are claiming a faster response, which is the main criticism with the standard tp100 action (as found on Nord HP models, Kurzweil Artis amongst others)

Slightly heavier than the Numa Piano but still only 13kg/29 pounds, and a built in power supply again (no wallwart!)

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Replaces the Numa Piano. Interesting to note they have tweaked the TP100 action and are claiming a faster response, which is the main criticism with the standard tp100 action (as found on Nord HP models, Kurzweil Artis amongst others)

I suspect that the only difference is the addition of a third sensor, which isn't going to really address the board's shortcomings. But maybe we'll be surprised!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I've put my hands on the Numa Stage in a store today, without switching it on - just tried a few arpeggios and stuff with no sound. The feel is not bad - but the one I've played was rather clacky. The key noise was very noticeable. Right after that, I played a Casio PX5s (also with no sound) and was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and quiet it felt in comparison. Just a quick impression to be sure, and with no chance to judge the sound/touch relationship, so take it with 1000 grains of salt.

Archived