Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Heated Seats

I got my 1st new car last week. It has heated seats. I reeeaaaly like the way it feels on my arse. The car is a Ford Focus wagon, lots of pep and very fun to drive. I'm in that wonderful place where I haven't had to make a car payment yet and it still has the new car smell.

http://www.themayocks.com

Hear The Mayocks on Rhapsody and Itunes

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My '82 Saab Turbo had heated seats, they came on automatically when it was cold out then turned off once the interior was warm, Saab actually referred to it as a Safety feature, as you can't drive your best when you're all scruntched up.

My '88 Saab T Convertible has heated seats too, but you can set three different heat levels and they stay on if you want, just great for those cool topless evening drives thru the mountains!

Enjoy your new toy! :love:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Sounds great! I'd love to have a massage lounger seat in my car. Actually, I'd love to never have to drive again...

I test drove a Subaru Forester which had heated seats. VERY NICE. Especially right now. It is way too cold to wait for that heater to get its act together and warm the car.

I didn't end up buying a car. It tempting, but I REALLY like not having a car payment!

But it seems like you should be able to buy heated seats, or install heating elements for most any car. There is probably a reason why you can't, but I still think you should be able to.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

I test drove a Subaru Forester which had heated seats. VERY NICE. Especially right now. It is way too cold to wait for that heater to get its act together and warm the car.

I didn't end up buying a car. It tempting, but I REALLY like not having a car payment!

But it seems like you should be able to buy heated seats, or install heating elements for most any car. There is probably a reason why you can't, but I still think you should be able to.

Super8... If you are good with photoshop, I have this horrible vision of morphing Michael Jackson's face on that Martian feature... God help me! :eek:
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

I was really worried when i discovered my Volvo drivers side heated seat wasnt working recently.

Then I had the car in for service. It turned out to be just a disconnected plug. It was fixed just before the current cold wave hit.

(it was 1 degree F this AM).

So, i was very happy with that outcome.

Given the Rochester weather I turn it on in December and turn it off in March-April.

Check out some tunes here:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/KenFava

Archived