Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vetty Eeentresting indeed

bluzeyone

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why on earth is he using a QWERTY keyboard instead of a proper footswitch...? A second Behringer unit would do the job quite well. Aiming with a toe for a particular key seems so awkward... :freak:

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

Why on earth is he using a QWERTY keyboard instead of a proper footswitch...? A second Behringer unit would do the job quite well. Aiming with a toe for a particular key seems so awkward... :freak:

- Guru

LOL - and a pedicure before the shoot might have been nice. It looks like he applied some layers of tape on top of the keys to make them easy to hit.

a pedicure
:facepalm:

Do those Behringers actually send specific commands? I wonder if he's doing this for a good reason.

Overall, I thought this was pretty cool. It's not my style of music, but it was a) interesting and 2) entertaining. I'd rather see this than the DJs he's talking about and apparently compared to.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

a pedicure
:facepalm:

Do those Behringers actually send specific commands? I wonder if he's doing this for a good reason.

Overall, I thought this was pretty cool. It's not my style of music, but it was a) interesting and 2) entertaining. I'd rather see this than the DJs he's talking about and apparently compared to.

I've recently added Ableton to my arsenal, it has a "midi map" where you basically click on any parameter and twiddle the knob you want to control it, and you are done. literally ANYTHING can be assigned to ANYTHING, Really interesting :)

Al

Yamaha MOX8, Roland VK8, LESLIE HL822 Woop woop!!!! and a MBP running PT10 and Omnisphere. My Blog.

I've recently added Ableton to my arsenal, it has a "midi map" where you basically click on any parameter and twiddle the knob you want to control it, and you are done. literally ANYTHING can be assigned to ANYTHING, Really interesting :)

^This.

It's been quite a while since I played with Ableton, but pretty sure "anything can be assigned to anything" sums it up.

With mature live host software like Ableton, Forte, Cantabile, it's very hard to imagine any situation which would really necessitate use of QWERTY/mouse.

MIDI, quite simply, rules.

Moreover, even in the freakishly unlikely case that some setting needs to be accessed through QWERTY, there's the excellent Bome's Midi Translator which can actually map QWERTY events to MIDI. You can actually hit Ctrl-Alt-Del from a MIDI footswitch. Or even open KC on your web browser, using your mod wheel, if you really wanted to... :facepalm::D

- Guru

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

Hmm. Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to getting another pedal board, then. Or maybe he likes using his toes (as opposed to his feet - if he just used his feet, the QWERTY would never work). :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived