Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Found my Dream Axe, G &L L-2500

Steve Force

I needed a 5 string bass ( sold my stingray a few years back) and after a lot of thought decided on a G &L L-2500. Found this on eBay, new, and made a best offer that was accepted. I think this is Leo Fender's finest bass . Also, now all of my Fender basses are sort of this color. In my opinion this doesn't suck.

And the tone!

282858_10202724781817982_1646475910_n.jpg

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my L-2000 Tribute, G&L really does make some great basses, and the L series has such a wide range of tone.

FOr a hint of the sound, Ed Friedland just put up a comparison of the M2500 and L 2500, they both sound great, IMO, but I like the L just a little bit more.

Is the finsh more of an ivory finish? Looks pretty!

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

My first "custom" bass (the one that started all the GAS) was a G&L L2500 with BEM board and Honeyburst finish on swamp ash. Fantastic bass. It led to an L2000 blue burst with maple board and a fretless L2000. If I would have stopped with those 3 basses back 15 or so years ago, I'd still have 3 great basses and a lot more money.

Enjoy!

My first "custom" bass (the one that started all the GAS) was a G&L L2500 with BEM board and Honeyburst finish on swamp ash. Fantastic bass. It led to an L2000 blue burst with maple board and a fretless L2000. If I would have stopped with those 3 basses back 15 or so years ago, I'd still have 3 great basses and a lot more money.

Enjoy!

This should complete my arsenal, at least for the foreseeable future. I liked my Stingray 5 but never loved it so off it went. My main gigging axe now is my trusty Fender Jazz with Seymour Duncan SJB-3 Quarter Pound pups, and now bringing the G&L for backup/extended range/tonal quality.

I still have:

- Fender P bass with Seymour Duncan SPB-3 pup,

- Musicman Stingray active fretless (one of the first ever made),

- a tricked out Fernandes "The Revival" P bass clone with flat wound strings, Seymour Duncan Antiquity II pup, and foam under the bridge to give it that Motown sound (Jeremy inspired this)

- Alembic Epic 4 active

- Hohner Bbass6 6 string active bass

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Congrats Steve! Sounds like it fits your needs to a "T".

Had an SB2 and an L2K a while back - great basses but I was so used to the '78 'Ray neck and tone that I was thrown for a loop. Those MFD 'Pups were monsters.

I chalk it up to impatience...

Enjoy!!!

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Archived