Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Maine Local Forumites Gigging?

Markyboard

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a gig this past weekend, but it was over in Manchester, NH.

Several gigs in January, but nothing near Augusta.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Hey Mark -

You'll enjoy your visit - Augusta/Waterville just got an inch of ice and everything is encased. Think: Superman's Fortress of Solitude. In answer to your question -- nope. A couple of duos coming up, but nothing over the holidays.

Jon

Kurzweil PC4; Yamaha P515; EV ZXA1s

Hey Mark -

You'll enjoy your visit - Augusta/Waterville just got an inch of ice and everything is encased. Think: Superman's Fortress of Solitude.

Jon

Damn it - now my beer's gonna get cold. Oh...wait... never mind. Good to hear from you Jon - hope all is well. Sorry the timing of your gigs doesn't work out with my trip. Merry Christmas.

Hey Mark welcome back to Maine. Still a lot of power outages due to the recent ice storm. Thankfully we never lost power. My only gig is Dec. 27th but it's in Bangor, Peakes Auditorium. It will be a concert setting with my modern country band 43 North. Happy Holidays!

Hey Steve - thanks for responding. My in-laws only lost power for a few hours last night but I see the power trucks all over the place. We passed a huge convoy of them on the way up from Portland. Think I'll pass on any long drives in these conditions but great hearing from you. Hope we get to hook up again. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Hi,

Hope that the venues that you will be playing at will have power. I am going on day 4 without power (Bucksport). I would have invited you to my next gig on January 11th, but you would need to find yourself incarcerated and sent to the Maine State Prison :) I play for a group that does mission work in our state correctional facilities. Hope you have a nice visit while you are here.

Bill Whittaker

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Hi,

I would have invited you to my next gig on January 11th, but you would need to find yourself incarcerated and sent to the Maine State Prison :)

Still one can hope as it's early into my visit and I've yet to go out drinking with my father-in-law. ;)

Thanks and hope you get power back soon.

Markyboard,

Thanks for your kind wishes. It seems to have helped as my power returned this afternoon. As much as I would like to say hello on January 11th, I hope your family visit will make it harder to attend and not easier:)

Take Care,

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Archived