Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quik Lok WS-540 stand.

CEB

Does the Quik Lok WS-540 stand fold up pretty good? I bought one off Craigslist for $30. It should really be useful for tightening my rig setup. I was hoping to throw it in the back seat of my HHR.

Thanks.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It folds up like a "T". You can add a 2nd tier to that as well.

The neat thing about that stand is that it can adapt to uneven stages - like if the front of your rig is 8" lower than the back legs, you can adjust the legs for that.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

THANKS!

I thought I could use it for the XK-system if I ever do a organ or piano only gig.

My main thought is I can set my rack on it set the height so I can put my guitar amp on top so it is aimed where I can hear it, Then with the space underneath the stand I can place the Keyboard powered monitor. Right now that stuff sits on a utility trunk and the power speakers are taking up floor space which can be sparse depending where the gig is.

Plus for $30 I thought what Heck. It is for sale near Mom and Dad's house I need to go over there anyway and visit.

Does the Quik Lok WS-540 stand fold up pretty good? I bought one off Craigslist for $30. It should really be useful for tightening my rig setup. I was hoping to throw it in the back seat of my HHR.

Thanks.

Wait.

Are you talking about the WS-540 or the WS-650?

I've got two of the smaller model WS-540 that I use for speaker stands.

The WS-650 is the one for keyboards and such.

QuikLok is not offering a 2nd tier option for either that I can find.

Yes. They're good stands. I'd buy them again.

Here's their web page: KLONK!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

The ad said 540. I want to set a 8 Space rack on it. But the previous Owner used for a keyboard.

The ad said 540. I want to set a 8 Space rack on it. But the previous Owner used for a keyboard.

I've used it for my Nord Electro 3 HP. It works.

I'd rather sit behind a B3 with a Leslie off to the side.

But, that's just me I guess. :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I have the WS 550 and love it! I think the 540 is the same structure but not as wide. Because the upper tier used on the 550 is a fixed width you [probably can't use it on the 540. I am unfamiliar with the 650 but you can find more info by checking the WS stands page on the QuikLok website
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I have both 550 and 540 and the 540 should indeed work for your intended purpose. It also folds up very compact to fit in any vehicle. Nice price and score for you! :thu:

"It is a danger to create something and risk rejection. It is a greater danger to create nothing and allow mediocrity to rule."

"You owe it to us all to get on with what you're good at." W.H. Auden

The 540 is the narrow-width version of the 550. A search of the forum will reveal at least two threads where I posted pics of my 2-tier 550 rig to show how it goes together. :thu:

Of course, there's no 2nd tier option available for the 540, so this info is only tangentially useful. ;)

I use the 540 to support a SKB Studio Flyer rack with my computer and mixer, here's a pic of it on a gig:

http://i.minus.com/iPCqY67rVQkfZ.jpg

Works great, totally solid, and packs up small and light. I've used it as a stand for the Minimoog as well, but never put a full-sized board on it.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

While we were sleeping they updated the 550 to the 650.

How does the QuikLok brand compare with On-Stage in quality?

KLONK!

As with anything made in china, the quiklock 550 I've found repeatedly has its quality issues(bolt holes not lining up etc). Ive now bought a 3rd 550 with the WS/562, Z/727 attachments. I even have the mic stand accessory, its great. The design is perfect for my needs, however I keep bending the legs so that they are not a 90 degree angle anymore. Although this has alot to do with how I transport. I take the setup and customize it a bit and do not fold down the stand for transport, so my leg problem you could say is self inflicted. But they are prone to bend if you dont fold up during transport

anyone know the detail of what differs from the 550 to the 660?

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

As with anything made in china
:facepalm:

Chinese face palms are low quality. The user can actually see through gaps in the fingers.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Get with it - EVERYTHING is made in China ;)

I've had my 540 for 8 years now and it is rock sold for a rack stand.

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Chinese face palms are low quality. The user can actually see through gaps in the fingers.

:laugh:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived