Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Paul's Wurly

Jazz+

http://themaccareport.com/news/Paul_Pudsey.jpg

Note drum head on the wall:

Suzy and the Red Stripes was a pseudonym used by the band Wings for the release of the Linda McCartney and Wings single "Seaside Woman" in 1977.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a beige 200

Wiki:

"The 200 was available in black, dark "Forest Green", red or beige. The 200A was only available in black and avocado green."

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Hell. We bought a WHOLE HOUSE like that! :sick:

Remodeled the kitchen.

Removed the shag carpet in the living room.

Still working on the wood paneling in the den. :facepalm:

Yes.

Yes we are. :rolleyes:

(But I can walk to work!) :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Hell. We bought a WHOLE HOUSE like that! :sick:

Did it look anything like this? :laugh:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kIP_ZxM9aoI/SoQbiC8IyqI/AAAAAAAAARc/KA3LMpyR4tY/s320/living+room.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Mmmm. Avocado.

http://www.damajority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/guacamole.jpeg

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

OK Mr.Synthoid. I didn't wanna have to do this to you.

But here is an article about the stuff they put in fast food.

Caution. Go ahead and eat BEFORE you read this, 'cause you surely won't have an appetite after you do. :sick:

KLONK!

Signed,

Your friend - Tom :laugh:

" [...] I accidentally left a whole bag of about 100 chicken nuggets out on a counter for way too long. They melted. Into a pool of liquid. I never understood why. But they were completely indiscernible as being the nuggets i once knew."

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

here is an article about the stuff they put in fast food.

Caution. Go ahead and eat BEFORE you read this, 'cause you surely won't have an appetite after you do.

KLONK!

OK, well that made my day. I've also seen the movie Fast Food Nation... :sick:

But, that photo above shows (hopefully) fresh ground beef and yummy salsa. I hope so, anyway.

No McNuggets for me. :crazy:

Ok, anyone who hasn't made/eaten homemade guacamole is doing it wrong.

Just mash up a nice ripe avocado, add clove of diced garlic and a shot of lime juice. Diced tomatoes if you're into that. It's so simple, but it'll change your life.

a dash of cayenne pepper does wonders also :thu:

:nopity:

I think it's a beige 200

Wiki:

"The 200 was available in black, dark "Forest Green", red or beige. The 200A was only available in black and avocado green."

Dear Mr. OP:

I am sorry that your thread about Paul's Wurly was taken off course when some fool mentioned "avocado green". :rolleyes:

That really started the ball rolling downhill fast, dintit? :facepalm:

Ummm... No.

Wait a minute....

That was YOU who threw the thread under the bus, wasn't it???? OMG!!!

BWAHAHAhahahahahahaha :laugh:

For Joe Musquarera (on his behalf)...

I apologize for that. :snax:

Just quoting from Wiki to help identify the model...

Not to detract from the food and 70's fashion talk, but is that a harpsichord to Paul's right? It looks likes reversed keys, but the white only on the top of the "black" keys.

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

I think Keyboard ought to approach Paul's people for three special topic interviews:

1. Paul as a keyboard player

2. Paul as a songwriter

3. Paul as an instrument collector. (He seems to like to talk about his instruments.)

Come out with your hands up! I have a synthesizer, and I'm not afraid to use it.

I am sorry that your thread about Paul's Wurly was taken off course when some fool mentioned "avocado green". :rolleyes:

That really started the ball rolling downhill fast, dintit?

I'll take the blame for derailment. Must be my aversion of avocados. :laugh:

Yup. My first Wurlitzer 200 EP was also beige. Unfortunately, it had a problem in the power supply and took many trips back to the music store to try to get this -brand new- Wurlitzer EP fixed. Very frustrating! That was around 1971/1972, I believe.

After college, a friend swapped an old, OLD Wurlitzer EP (I'll have to research the model. I think it was a 140B.) for my Advent cassette deck. Although it was a very cool keyboard, I ended up giving it away to another friend who lived at the coast. I think it was lost in Hurricane Floyd :(

I may have had a couple more... I can't remember.

But honestly, although it's cool to think about those boards, I'd rather have my Nord.

To tune the EP you either had to file the reeds or add solder to the ends. And it wasn't easy to get the pitch right.

To be honest, I had purchased a RMI Electra-Piano ('cause they made them just down the road) and just couldn't deal with it anymore. The Wurlitzer was purchased because, even though it only has one sound, it was so much more expressive than the RMI, I had to have it. (Besides, nobody sold the Fender Rhodes in my little town, so I had to go with what was available at the time.)

I later sold the Wurlitzer EP and got a used Fender Rhodes, then a new Fender Rhodes because the first one was sluggish and really beat up. (But a guy at school was foolish enough to trade the used Fender Rhodes for my RMI!) :laugh: I think I got the better end of that deal. My model was a true "Fender Rhodes" before they changed the name and logo to "RHODES". I think that was around 1974/1975.

Tom

Yup. My first Wurlitzer 200 EP was also beige. Unfortunately, it had a problem in the power supply and took many trips back to the music store to try to get this -brand new- Wurlitzer EP fixed. Very frustrating! That was around 1971/1972, I believe.

After college, a friend swapped an old, OLD Wurlitzer EP (I'll have to research the model. I think it was a 140B.) for my Advent cassette deck. Although it was a very cool keyboard, I ended up giving it away to another friend who lived at the coast. I think it was lost in Hurricane Floyd :(

I may have had a couple more... I can't remember.

But honestly, although it's cool to think about those boards, I'd rather have my Nord.

To tune the EP you either had to file the reeds or add solder to the ends. And it wasn't easy to get the pitch right.

To be honest, I had purchased a RMI Electra-Piano ('cause they made them just down the road) and just couldn't deal with it anymore. The Wurlitzer was purchased because, even though it only has one sound, it was so much more expressive than the RMI, I had to have it. (Besides, nobody sold the Fender Rhodes in my little town, so I had to go with what was available at the time.)

I later sold the Wurlitzer EP and got a used Fender Rhodes, then a new Fender Rhodes because the first one was sluggish and really beat up. (But a guy at school was foolish enough to trade the used Fender Rhodes for my RMI!) :laugh: I think I got the better end of that deal. My model was a true "Fender Rhodes" before they changed the name and logo to "RHODES". I think that was around 1974/1975.

Tom

Tom,

Which one did the cat pee on? :poke:

Regards,

Joe

I have a Wurli 140 B.

This Wurli has a somewhat illustrious history. It was used by Bernie Worrell on several West Coast tours and teched by Nick Montoya at Moog specifically for Bernie's use during the last several years until Nick moved to the east coast.

The Wurli 140 B is the best stand alone Wurli I have heard. It is quite loud on its own and much fatter sounding than many of its digital emulations.

It is absolutely indespensible for recording, so I can see why Paul has and probaly uses the 200. Almost nothing adds character quite like a Wurli.

Anyway that's a great picture. Maybe he played the Wurli on his recent single "New," it sounds pretty EP-based.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Archived