Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help Wanted w/Compen$ation 4 Worthy Cause ASAP

opdigits

Hi All!

A very dear friend of mine is a flutist, and a children's hospice nurse. She is performing a recital for her hospice but her regular accompanist (a pianist) can not attend.

She has asked me if I know of any pianists that can create MP3's of the four (4) songs she will be performing. I immediately thought of all you gents and ladies here.

With the kind permission of the forum administrators I am now asking if any of you would be able to help out. There will be compensation, though I believe she is on somewhat of a budget.

She has the 4 songs as sheet music, in PDF format, in what I would classify as "simple vocal/chords/piano" format, which I can email to you.

She wants piano accompaniment which allows her to play the vocal and/or main lines on flute. She is musically accomplished and can communicate her specific needs in that regard with you.

The songs are:

* Let There Be Peace On Earth - Key of C - by: Sy Miller and Jill Jackson

* The Wind Beneath My Wings - Key of Bb - by: Larry Henley and Jeff Silbar

* Over The Rainbow (from The Wizard of OZ) - Key of C - by: Harold Arlen and E. Y. Harburg as arranged by Dan Coates

* My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme From Titanic) - Key of F - by: James Horner and Will Jennings as arranged by Fred Kern

The caveat is that she needs these by this Saturday, November 16th, 2013, preferably as early in the day as possible.

If you can help out, we both will be grateful!

Please PM me at your earliest convenience if you can. I'm not sure how much she can pay but please feel free to quote a price.

Thanks one and all!

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to give a huge shout out to our fellow forum member Bobadohshe who stepped up to the plate and created the four first rate piano accompaniments on behalf of my friend.

He was a pleasure to work with, was highly professional and understanding, and delivered a polished top shelf quality product ahead of schedule.

I would highly recommend his services to anyone that is in need.

Thank you Bobby!!!

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

That is very kind of you to say. It wasn't any trouble, it's what I do for a living! And,

a) The tunes were easy

b) I cheated. Instead of micing the piano, I recorded it with MIDI and used Alicia layered with a verby stock piano in Logic. That made it so when the revisions came with tempos etc, I just nudged the tempo slider.

I hope your friend is happy with the results. Thanks for the kind words.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived