Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Completely OT: Google page resolution mystery

musicbysterling

This has me completely baffled. The other day I had to to do a force shut down of my MacBook Pro because it wouldn't awake from sleep mode. After that incident, every time I open up Google from the bookmark Toolbar, the Google splash page is HUGE, the logo literally fills up the entire screen of my second monitor. Any search I initiate brings up its customary list of searches all with the same huge resolution. Any link I click on opens in normal screen resolution. I've checked my Display settings under System Preferences and the MacBook display is set to 1440 x 900 and my second monitor's at 1920 x 1080. I am totally clueless on how to remedy this issue. Also, I've done a PRAM reboot as well. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to address?

Thx

Mark

�Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!�

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. This link assumes that I'm using Chrome, which I'm not. I just opened up Google in Safari and it opens up just fine, so I have to believe that it's something in Firefox. Back to more searching...

Opened up Google in Firefox and did Apple - thing to being it back to normal. Now Google opens up with my original font size. Very odd, but fixed!

Archived