Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

John McVie has cancer

Skinny

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's been around for so long that it doesn't seem fair.

But then, we could say that about a LOT of those who've left us recently.

Whitefang

The way I see it, the guys who started in the 60s & have made it this far, have had a pretty good long life. Hate to see any of them go, but it's not like losing Hendrix at 26, or Lennon at 40.

Scott Fraser

I would rather go like Hendrix or Lennon than by way of cancer, especially the hard to cure types. I live in a retirement community and i see this stuff happen regularly, cancer ain't pretty. I ain't afraid of dyin, but cancer scares me a big bunch.

A quick death is a good death at any age, once you realize your own mortality, and at 71 I am bumping up against mine. Death don't scare me as much as suffering to get there.

I truly hate cancer. My brush with it was minor a few years back, but it still wrecked my life in a way I'm still dealing with....

Yup. I'm very grateful for every day I get with my wife who has had to deal with it twice now, & while she's currently recovering, another very dear friend goes into surgery in two days to have half his jaw removed & reconstructed in order to rid him of oral cancer. Very concerned on his behalf. Cancer is really insidious. You can tempt it with bad lifestyle choices, but you can also live really cleanly & still end up with it.

Scott Fraser

Archived