Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Numa Organ Question

simajanpa

Could someone who owns a Numa organ be kind enough to share with me if you can "play" those reverse keys.

I believe I read somewhere that you can disable the preset mode and use them to control an outboard synth using the entire keyboard as in all 73 keys.

I didn't think you can use them locally with the organ, but if you could do that, that would be nice too.

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the reverse color keys only operate as playable keys via MIDI for outboard units. You use the red Fatar button to the right of the board to switch between internal organ, outboard MIDI, and both at once. I can't actually recall what happens in "both" mode, but assume that the preset function on the lower keys remains deactivated until you return to "organ only" mode.

I did find the Numa Organ manual on the Studiologic site and after reading it, I still was a bit fuzzing on what happens, but it appears that it does what you say it does, using that Dynamic button, disables the preset keys, and does indeed enable one to use those reverse keys to drive an outboard module. It appears that the organ will not ever "play"

those reverse keys....which makes perfectly good sense.

Thanks

Paul

Yes, the reverse color keys only operate as playable keys via MIDI for outboard units. You use the red Fatar button to the right of the board to switch between internal organ, outboard MIDI, and both at once.

correct... but...

I can't actually recall what happens in "both" mode, but assume that the preset function on the lower keys remains deactivated until you return to "organ only" mode.

Unfortunately, no. In "both" mode, it reverts to 61 keys, and the bottom 12 go back to changing organ presets. What you "assume" is the way I agree it should work.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived