Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anytune Pro+ (IOS) on sale for 99 cents

GovernorSilver

Just tried using it this morning to slow down "Maiden Voyage". Much finer control over playback speed than Capo, and the sound quality is noticeably better - George Coleman's sax solo is fairly distorted at 1/4 speed in Capo. Also, there's an EQ and the ability to import audio from videos.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/anytune-pro+-music-practice/id478293637?mt=8

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice.... Thanks for the heads up! Great tool for 99 cents...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I've been using Amazing Slowdowner on my laptop and have been very happy with it - no reason to change...except that it would be really convenient to use my iPad instead. Any idea how this compares?

Also, does it just access your iTunes library or are there any additional hoops to load songs into it? Heck, for $0.99 I've got nothing to lose, except that my iPad is full right now, so something will have to go in order to make room for it.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Is your iPad so full it won't even take 17 MB? That should fit. OTOH, I know it's possible to have so much media on an iOS device that it won't let you add anything.

I don't know about this app yet, but Capo just accesses your Music library, no hoops. This app might have hoops, or hoops for when you want to use it with other media such as the audio from videos. :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Is your iPad so full it won't even take 17 MB? That should fit. OTOH, I know it's possible to have so much media on an iOS device that it won't let you add anything.

I haven't tried any more apps, but last time I tried to Sync media it wouldn't load any more. Under Settings>General>Storage it says 0 bytes available.

Right off the bat, I see 2 apps I could ditch that would free up a total of 29 MB that would get me there.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Thanks for the heads up. I had the free version. Just upgraded. Although my iOS device is my phone.

My test this morning was on my iPhone 3GS. Admittedly there are occasional glitches, but I've come to expect glitching on this aged unit. I have no doubt the app will run much more smoothly on my iPad 4th-gen. I'll probably upgrade my iPhone as soon as my AT&T contract allows because when I get obsessed with a particular tune, I like to listen to a solo over and over again and I have my iPhone on me a lot more often than my iPad.

Besides us jazz fans, there are other people grabbing this app just for the ability to sample off of video.

Thanks. I have an iPhone 4S and just played with this. It looks pretty darned useful.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived