Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need advice re: stand and powered speaker

Dr88s

Paul,

I hadn't considered many of those points.

Pedal placement is absolutely better with the Spider than this; that was my big beef with the Apex.

I think the arms are fixed length.

I have never played with a board tilted down before, so it isn't much of a deal breaker for me. However, things could always change and I may require that as a feature at some point in the future. It always pays to plan ahead.

Sincere thanks for your input.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've owned an On Stage heavy duty double x stand for approximately 15 years. I recently had to purchase a replacement for the second tier, because the angle bracket on one of the two arms had stripped. It lasted through 14 years of heavy gigging including roadwork. The stand itself is still in great shape with no mechanical failures.

For comparison, I also own an Ultimate Support column stand (for a slightly longer number of years and gigging). It too is still in service with no failures.

I've tried On Stage tripod style mic stands with boom and discovered that they are cheap and fall apart. I now stick with my trusty Atlas stands for micing.

So, I'd advise you to check out in person any On Stage stand you may be considering to see if it truly feels heavy duty and gig worthy.

Hope this helps.

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

I like the line 6 speakers. Both the L3 and L2 sound great for Keys.... Not harsh like QSCs, mushy like JBLs, underpowered like EVs --- all of which I've owned and used, I don't know about the Yanahas, but they don't allow for balanced inputs , so they're out of consideration for me.

Line 6s have correct and musical crossover points and many intuitive features and the 3s have a surprisingly compact footprint if you stand them upright. And they don't lose their punch when coupled on the floor, like every other speaker.

I've searched long and hard and tried just about everything past and present, including custom boutique rigs and 50.000!dollar guitar amps and I really, really like the true sound of these speakers.

Thanks for making a picky keyboard player happy, Line 6

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

Archived