Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice: "slimline" soft bag for 76-note keyboard

stoken6

I'd like to ask for recommendations for a soft bag/case for my Oberheim MC1000. That's a rare board, but it's basically a 76-with-wheels-on-top, so the same kind of size as Nord Stage 76, Alesis QS7, Kurz SP4-7 etc. About 45in wide x 12in deep.

I'm currently using a BCK KB46S (no longer made) which needs replacing. My requirements:

- more substantial pockets for leads/pedals. (the BCK only has one slim, open pocket)

- cheap

- "slimline" design (so about 12in deep front-to-back). I can find plenty of 16in-20in deep cases, but I'd like something slimmer.

Many thanks.

Cheers, Mike.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recommend the Nord gig bag. I've been using one with my Stage 2 for 2+ years and have been very pleased with it. This coming from a guy who was a custom ATA flight case guy for over two decades.

I'm in the same boat (SP4-7) and sadly there is only one- the Nord 73 case, which is fine, at least there's that, but wow, talk about not getting the job done by gig bag makers, there's not even something close out there but the Nord case, and I'll kind of hate carrying around that loud red case, but it is what it is.

Thanks all for the replies

@Eric/BigJPatton - I had considered the Nord 76 case, but it's fairly expensive for a soft case (the board inside is worth less)

@Losendoskeys - I would like to be able to store more in the case pockets than I can with the BCK.

One case I found was the Roland CB-61, which I will consider.

Regards, Mike

@Eric/BigJPatton - I had considered the Nord 76 case, but it's fairly expensive for a soft case

I've never seen a soft case go for $299, but if it holds up well, go for it. You'll have it around when you replace the keyboard you're using now.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived