Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT I quit smoking. Now I post cranky stuff.

Rockhouse

I'd like to quit smoking (... cigarettes, that is. --Tony Curtis), but I'm afraid I might get a little cranky myself.

It's hard for me to tell if I annoy more people by smoking or being cranky. If I quit smoking (cigarettes) I'd probably feel better and sing [sic] louder and longer. That combined with a little extra cranky would certainly annoy a lot more people.

--wmp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Day 7

Going for a walk. Things are looking up. My crankiness is all but gone. Still have the urges to smoke, but i can manage now.

Thanks everyone who talked me through the hardest week!

Hey Rockhouse! Good for you. As others have mentioned watch out for the "Well I've gone this far, one won't hurt" trap. It is always my downfall. I have to say to myself "Just one and your done" !!

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

• 2 weeks later...
Hang in there! I quit a 30+ year old chewing tobacco habit a year ago this month. I used nicotine replacement with gum and lozengers. Problem is, I am still taking the nicotine replacement.
Nord Electro 3... Korg CX3... Leslie 145... Wurlitzer 200a... Juno 106... Roland RD170... DS88

Don't worry about that. The latest research says it's better to still take the NRT then to smoke. Just so you guys know the FDA will be revising labels on all NRT to account for combining them.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Update:

Day 15 and still 100% smoke free.

Thanks to all of you who posted with support!

Rockhouse! :thu:

Don't look back, brother. Enjoy not being on the clock. When you smoke you are always on the clock until your next cig.

Some challenges to look forward to will be certain events that occur periodically. For me, the day I quit I went to a card game where everybody was smoking! I was on the patch and thankfully didn't cave.

Next, it was playing golf without smoking, and gigs and rehearsals and things like that.

For me quitting was easy even though I was a pack-a-dayer for 30 years. The patch made it easy.

I still hang with our bass player and drummer on their smoke breaks - I love the smell of cig smoke, smells like youth, albeit foolish youth! I still dream about smoking and when I wake up I am so relieved I don't have to quit again!

Quitting smoking was the best thing I've done in my life for myself and for my loved ones.

You can do it.

Regards,

Joe

Joe you smoked for so long your mind remembers it, it's common probably happens to all of us that smoked. I am glad you had success with the patch. NYS used to send out 6 weeks of it when they had a a proactive arm of the quit-line here at the University. The patch is really the front line medication more than any other. Chantix is kind of the drug of choice if you can stand some side effects.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Update:

Day 15 and still 100% smoke free.

Thanks to all of you who posted with support!

Excellent. :thu:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I still dream about smoking and when I wake up I am so relieved I don't have to quit again!
I've had more than a few of those, and they're so realistic, I wake up wondering if it was actually real.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Good for you Rockhouse!!! Keep up the fantastic work. Good for everyone here who have chimed in with their own success stories!! Good luck to those who are struggling with the habit, and are in the process (or thinking about starting the process) of quitting.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Archived