Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

triton registrations

earl the pearl

Thinking of picking up a sweetly used triton pro. wont be using the sequencing much as Im a gigging person in a civer band. program mode mainly for the sounds. Does it have memory function such as he Roland registrations where you can store favorites and grab them on the fly. since I do horn and string patches also this is important to me.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what its all about?

Nord E5D, EV ZLX12P, MX61

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing you can do is copy your favorite sounds to a single bank (I think the E bank is empty, but it's been so long since I've been behind a Triton.) Then, the E bank can be set up as your Favorites bank.

Also, you'll have a "10's Hold" key. Press that, and you'll have 10 programs or combis (depending on which mode you're in) readily available to you. The way it works is this--the 10's Hold key will hold the tens place in the program number, meaning you can then choose any program within the 10's, 20's, etc., by just pressing any one of the numbers on the keypad. Basically, you'll have 12 groups, (00*, 01*, 02*, all the way up to 12*) with 10 programs per bank. (the * represents the number you'll press when the 10's Hold key is engaged.)

Hope this helps!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

You can assign categories to programs and combi's such as "keyboard" "synth" and "drums". You can also make your own category. I have made a "band" category and always leave the category list open. This way I have an overview of I think 16 (2*8) patches of my band category. This makes switching very easy.

Rudy

You can assign categories to programs and combi's such as "keyboard" "synth" and "drums". You can also make your own category. I have made a "band" category and always leave the category list open. This way I have an overview of I think 16 (2*8) patches of my band category. This makes switching very easy.

Forgot about that! As I said, I haven't used a Triton in quite a while. IIRC, that is in Global mode.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Right, but what I meant was changing the name of the category itself--I believe that part is done in Global mode. I remember doing the same thing when I had my Extreme 76, and was using it in a band.

Hardware

Software

Looked up the manual. It's Global P4 - Category Name. Just go into Global mode, press the menu key, and press 4 on the numeric keypad or touch P4 - category name, on the touchscreen. Here, you can change the names of the 16 categories in Program or Combi mode.

Hardware

Software

Archived