Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XP-80, sticky keys problem

TaurusT

I got an old Roland XP-80 which I'm very fond of that know started behaving strange with a few keys. When pressing the key, it drags along another key. Sticking together. It's not the red glue with the weights that loosening, it must be something more on the inside. I screwed open the synth but there's a broad horizontal metal that blocks me from getting deeper beneath the keys and I don't dare to open it any further.

I'm expecting some stickiness is blocking the keys. It happens a few octaves higher with some other keys too. When I press 16th notes for 5 minutes it will loosen up but next day it's sticky again.

Anyone got any tips?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...there's a broad horizontal metal that blocks me from getting deeper beneath the keys.

Use the force, Luke. :evil:

I am just now discovering all the stuff my daughters did when they were younger.

If memory serves, one put a Crayon in the AC vent of my Mercedes Honda. Of course, when summertime rolls around here in NC, USA, it gets pretty hot. I could never figure out why the tapes in that cassette player wouldn't play.

Now I know. :facepalm:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived