Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! Piano Jazz Recording

UseYrMind

Hello all,

I've been struggling for a long while now with trying to find out what this is. I heard it on a local radio station and have no way of contacting them to ask. Tried Shazam, Soundhound and the like with no luck.

Here's the recording: https://soundcloud.com/eddiezedd/jazz-on-the-radio

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Edd

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at 0:37 it clearly turns into "I Will Survive" which may help you track it down, but I have no clue as to what that is at the beginning and no clue as to who is doing the playing.

Larry.

Well, it might be a longshot, but you could email that soundcloud link to Bob Parlocha and ask him. His email is at the bottom of his website, here: http://www.jazzwithbobparlocha.com/

I'd think that if anybody can recognize obscure old jazz recordings it's him.

Favorite Gear:Vintage Vibe 73 w/MIDI, Microkorg, ipad2 with lotsa apps, VB3, Rhodes 88, Roland VK8, Fantom XR, Brainspawn Forte

Sounds a little bit like the classical-meets-jazz french pianist-composer Claude Bolling. I recognize some tricks of his playing. I used to love his suite for flute andjazz trio back in the day....
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

It reminded me a little of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies (although I know it's not it). It could be a reworking of a classical track though. Thanks Yannis, I'm checking Claude Bolling as we speak. And Nick, I e-mailed Bob, definitely worth a shot.

If anyone else has any ideas, please don't hesitate.

Cheers!

Archived