Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alan Clark - Dire Straits Keyboardist

HammondDave

funny, never noticed keyboard in Dire Straits playing...

While technically not a Dire Straights record, there was plenty of great keyboard playing on Golden Heart, Guy Fletcher plus some classic Pig Robbins ("Are We in Trouble") Barry Beckett, Matt Rollins (Rudiger!) and even little old me :laugh:

Every so often I have a day when I'll put on a DS or Knopfler album and end up in a zone where I just can't listen to anything else.

My personal favourite is Sailing To Philadelphia, although Golden Heart is pretty close. Nice work, Steve.

Here for the gear.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While technically not a Dire Straights record, there was plenty of great keyboard playing on Golden Heart, Guy Fletcher plus some classic Pig Robbins ("Are We in Trouble") Barry Beckett, Matt Rollins (Rudiger!) and even little old me :laugh:

Every so often I have a day when I'll put on a DS or Knopfler album and end up in a zone where I just can't listen to anything else.

My personal favourite is Sailing To Philadelphia, although Golden Heart is pretty close. Nice work, Steve.

Same here. After reading this topic yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon listening to DS and MK solo stuff on Spotify. One thing I really noticed is how well mixed the solo stuff is. Just a pleasure to listen to.

No matter what you think of their music (and I love it)... You cannot deny the great production on these albums.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I guess it's art of being a background :cool:

Yeah, elegant backgoround. Just watch him play! Apprears to be classically trained. Nice, nice backing. He's so ...there.

Thanks, HammondDave, for posting this.

Anyone went to Knopfler's concert lately? He has a gig in my town soon, and while not Dire Straits I'm still thinking of going.

Never really listened a lot of his solo work. Is it worth going?

Btw, I love Dire Straits, bu t I really have to be in mood to put them on.

Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Archived