Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hum with Nord on top of Wurli.

Gary75

I'm just rejigging my home studio. As space is a premium I decided to place my Nord Stage on my Wurli. However I'm getting an increase in hum through the internal speakers of the Wurli. Is this to do with the Nord only being two pin? I notice when I touch any part of the Nord, you hear it in the Wurlis amp. Is there a way of stopping this or just a case of the Wurli has to be away from everything?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the same problem with my K2000 on top of my Rhodes.

Tried with aluminum foil inside the Rhodes which made less hum.

Finally I put an aluminum lid from an old drumcoffin between the the K and the Rhodes. Problem solved :)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I have the clav on top of the Rhodes, no probs, I have the Focusrite over to the right hand side of the clav, away from the preamp on the D6, which has extra shielding inside. No problems with noise. You guys who gigged in the day with passive and mains powered boards must have had a nightmare!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7719136480_ea775d6ce9_b.jpg' alt='7719136480_ea775d6ce9_b.jpg'>

Untitled by fastfingerz75, on Flickr[/img]

Archived