Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kraftwerk returns...

tarkus

whoosh

I never "got" Kraftwerk. :idk But something tells me that they will need electricity to power their performance. :idea:

I wonder if they are succesful in their protest if they will utilize an alternate energy source to provide power for future gigs? :snax: or if they will go unplugged? :rimshot:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They could play the whole show riding exercize bikes connected to generators with keyboards for the the handlebars.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Hahahaha....good stuff.

I've always thought that it is a good idea NOT to pull the "technological" rug out from under society before there is a REALISTIC and PRACTICAL replacement.

Just sayin'. ;)

Randy

"Just play!"

Kraftwerk returns? They did a week of shows at MoMA earlier this year... Regardless, a YMO/Kraftwerk double bill -- for any reason, let alone a good cause -- is a huge event.

Regardless, a YMO/Kraftwerk double bill -- for any reason, let alone a good cause -- is a huge event.

. http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/italy.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/12/bored-jester-in-empty-stadium-uid.jpg

http://blogs.forrester.com/f/b/users/SSANTUCCI/PuppetShowAndSpinalTap01.jpg

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04aCp3ej-I

[video:youtube]

Thousands came to support the initiative of Sakamoto, a pioneer of electronic music whose own techo-pop group Yellow Magic Orchestra performed, along with Japanese rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Kraftwerk.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Regardless, a YMO/Kraftwerk double bill -- for any reason, let alone a good cause -- is a huge event.

Slow down D. Tarkus may be on to something with this one. It may be harder promoting that double bill in the US. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Were you there? Did you see the crowd? Didn't think so.

Had I known about it... I still would've passed! :poke:

Thousands came to support the initiative of Sakamoto, a pioneer of electronic music whose own techo-pop group Yellow Magic Orchestra performed, along with Japanese rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Kraftwerk.

I find it hilarious that all these acts probably rely on an obscene amount of electricity to power the gear and put on a light show, only to hold a concert seeking to pull their own plug! :facepalm:

Sorry - attending a Kraftwerk concert has all the appeal of an IRS audit. I saw some photos, it looked like McDonalds Employees working cash registers at an Apple Store.

When is the Mi-Sex Reunion gonna happen? :bor:

Do tell.

Sorry guy, I'm not gonna cry if someone says ELP sucked donkey dick (come to think of it, I had Rolling Stone remind me of that all through the Seventies).

You shouldn't get your panties bunched when I rank on Kraftwerk. You really shouldn't get upset about any of this stuff.

I'll let Chazz Palmentieri explain it to you... have a seat:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWD3eWjD4k

why does electricity need to be generated by a nuclear power plant?

have you already forgotten what a giant fucking mess this is?

Correct - electricity can come from somewhere else, however Wouldn't they have made a greater exclamation by utilizing an alternate power source or was the irony lost here?

It's like when people try to sell you plastic stuff to raise awareness against the petroleum industry or carbon footprints and whatnot...

Kraftwerk and Sakimoto will save us form our Folly!

The show must go on...

Sorry guy, I'm not gonna cry if someone says ELP sucked donkey dick (come to think of it, I had Rolling Stone remind me of that all through the Seventies).

You shouldn't get your panties bunched when I rank on Kraftwerk. You really shouldn't get upset about any of this stuff.

Defensive much? No one said anything disparaging about ELP in this thread. Seems like you're the one who's upset...

:snax:

:wave:

Defensive much? No one said anything disparaging about ELP in this thread. Seems like you're the one who's upset...

:snax:

:rolleyes::rimshot::poke:

Carry on

Tarkus....Can you hear me applauding from up here in Georgia?!! :rawk:

You know, I'm ALL FOR having a damn clean environment...for real.

But most of the protesters don't have a clue about which products are made out of petroleum and which ones aren't

Hey...when an electric car can go 400 miles with a 5 minute charge, I'll be the FIRST SOB to buy one.

But I don't understand the insanity of shutting down nuclear and coal power until there is a viable replacement...and windmills and solar just ain't there yet.

Are people ready for concerts to be lit by candle and unplugged like someone said above?

Ready for no AC in the house or car?

Ready to grow all your own crops yourself and shut down the grocery stores?

I mean geez....it's all connected...and petroleum and coal are supplying the vast majority of our power.

Wake up and smell the roses. ;-)

Randy

"Just play!"

Correct - electricity can come from somewhere else, however Wouldn't they have made a greater exclamation by utilizing an alternate power source or was the irony lost here?

Reminds me of "Earth Day." :rolleyes: About 20 years ago, Melanie Griffith spoke at Earth Day in DC. The catch? She took a private jet from LA to DC and back. :facepalm::D

Is it my imagination or are you guys getting damned close to politics?

:cop:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Would have been cool if Sakamoto and Hutter had figured out a plan for alternate energy sources.. Would have given them a heck of a lot of kudos. Otherwise I don't see a contradiction... Some of you guys are waaaay too cynical... :wave:

About the hating of Kraftwerk/YMO, I am not sure why you waste energy on that... (I'm wasting my humo(u)r on you guys... really... ;) )

Count me as a fan of Kraftwerk and YMO tho :thu:

Sorry, but I think that particular line was crossed with the first post in this thread. The OP's post seemed far more about a particular stance on nuclear energy than how good/bad Kraftwerk are, IMO.

Yamaha: P515, CP88, Genos 1, HX1

Sorry, but I think that particular line was crossed with the first post in this thread. The OP's post seemed far more about a particular stance on nuclear energy than how good/bad Kraftwerk are, IMO.

I agree. The article linked didn't even say either way how the concert was powered (though if it used an alternative source, one would think it would have been mentioned). The OP conjured up the whole thing based on his own bias.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I have to admit that I'm not familiar with YMO. I have mixed feelings about Kraftwerk. They certainly pioneered a lot of the electronic music, and early on, the stuff they were doing was pretty cool. But to listen to it now just seems sort of repetitive and boring to me. Admittedly, I haven't listened to a ton of it.

Dan

I have to admit that I'm not familiar with YMO. I have mixed feelings about Kraftwerk. They certainly pioneered a lot of the electronic music, and early on, the stuff they were doing was pretty cool. But to listen to it now just seems sort of repetitive and boring to me. Admittedly, I haven't listened to a ton of it.

Ditto. I still get off once in a while on watching old Kraftwerk concerts from 1971 or so and before. They were doing electronic music before there were the electronics to do it with. On the casual surface they appeared to be basic trio playing guitar, flute and drums with some electronic doo-dads doing some wild electronic sounding stuff.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Archived