Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

laptop for running VST programs?

LeesKeys

Does anyone have recent experience using an HP Mini notebook to run VST software? I can see I'm going to need to use something other than the Toshiba laptop which my wife and I share. Right now, just running VB3 via Cantabile- may add other programs later- maybe not. From the specs in the VB3 manual, it looks as though something like the HP Mini would provide more than enough processing power- it would be dedicated to VST functions only. I can pick up a refurbished HP Mini 110-37 W7S with Atom N570 1.66GHz 250GB HD, 1G Ram for around $210.00 I don't have an elaborate equipment set up (Kurz PC3)and I don't need to be spending mega-bucks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would run fine, as far as RAM and processing power. What I am wondering (since I would like to downsize my live VST laptop, too) is whether or not my Presonus Audiobox would work properly. I don't know much about Windows 7 Starter...
Stuff and things.

I've run keyPerformer (which contains the vb3 engine) on a 7 year old laptop which is slightly weaker or similar to this mini laptop, and it ran fine with plenty of spare power. Besides, there's a demo of vb3 on youtube running on an Asus eepc.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Archived