Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: "Because your taste in Music Sucks!"

tarkus

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy stuff. :cool: Chicks like Bon Jovi, they can't stand ELP or YES (the majority of em, not all). RUSH to them is like "Steel Magnolias" to us. Crimson to them is like us watching Oprah interview Sally Field. :laugh:

Mm, yes and no. I know at least a few women who like Rush (and they are not musicians, either). The other bands don't really translate across the sexes as much, I've noticed. Not sure why that is. I have a passing interest at best in most prog, but I was a HUGE Rush fan, still like 'em. I liked Genesis too, and that is another band that some women also like. The only thing I can think of is, perhaps those two bands have material that seems less cerebral in their catalog along with what is more traditionally intensely prog.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Guy stuff. :cool: Chicks like Bon Jovi, they can't stand ELP or YES (the majority of em, not all). RUSH to them is like "Steel Magnolias" to us. Crimson to them is like us watching Oprah interview Sally Field. :laugh:

Mm, yes and no. I know at least a few women who like Rush (and they are not musicians, either).

There are a few of course. I have the Rush "Show of Hands" concert video, and when they show the audience, there's a chick out there. :laugh:

For the younger fellas here who might not be attached: If you're out on a first date with a gal and you really don't want to have a second, casually slip "Greggery Peccary" by Zappa into your CD player. You won't have a second date. :laugh:

I have a passing interest at best in most prog, but I was a HUGE Rush fan, still like 'em. I liked Genesis too, and that is another band that some women also like. The only thing I can think of is, perhaps those two bands have material that seems less cerebral in their catalog along with what is more traditionally intensely prog.

My wife enjoys Genesis as well, along with Renaissance, and a few Yes and ELP tunes. That's because we've both listened to a lot of that over the years, especially in the car. She also enjoys some of the more obscure bands I listen to, such as Clannad, Icehouse, Talk Talk, Roxy Music, etc.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

My wife enjoys Genesis as well, along with Renaissance, and a few Yes and ELP tunes. That's because we've both listened to a lot of that over the years, especially in the car.

You're lucky. My girlfriend makes me turn most of my stuff off.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

My wife loves all types of music. Thank God! She will even listen to King Criimson... Find a woman who likes Epitaph, and marry her!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

My wife doesn't like Little Feat.

Well you can't blame her... you know what they say... little feat, little...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived