Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iZotope Iris...

DanS

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intrigued. Saw Francis Preve post about it. I use Izotope Ozone for mastering and Stutter Edit as well. And talked to them at length at NAMM. Good company, good folks.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• 2 weeks later...
Having tons of fun with this. Still need to read manual (watch video tutorials actually). If it had individual filters instead of just master filter I'd be perpetually down the rabbit hole. :crazy:

Have you noticed the CPU draw?

I use Cubase, and my ASIO meter pegged after 2 instances holding down chords.

This is on a smelly new DAW with 6 cores & 16g of ram,...ouch!

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Have you noticed the CPU draw?

Yes :o

I'm still experimenting, but the draw is high, especially if I set the sample playback mode to the one that does all the math to spread it out without chipmonking.

I bought it the day it came out. And I thought I wouldn't like it. But after trying the demo for just a little while, I knew I had to have it.

Is it sonically unique? Not really -- Absynth and Alchemy (and maybe Massive and a few others) probably cover the same territory.

But the workflow and the visual aspect are unique, and that's enough for me as it will inspire sound design for horror films and the like, where I tend to think visually anyway when I'm creating soundscapes.

The code itself is apparently borrowed from RX2 Advanced, and just refactored into synth-like functions and a new GUI.

BTW the Wood and Glass add-ons are worth the additional fee and are also temporarily discounted. They make for good starting points for themed textures and also give you an idea of what you can do on your own with imported samples.

Some of us had trouble with the installation initially, but I was able to re-point the sample files to a separate sample drive. The data size is rather large, so those of us with smaller OS drives had some difficulty initially since the installer insists on using the main drive (I have an SSD drive, so couldn't afford a large one).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived