Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sustain pedal issues on Kurz pc-88

I-missRichardTee

I am reluctant to upgrade from the PC88 Kurz.. but I am having intermittent issues with sustain pedal cutting in and out.

I had one pedal for years, all of a sudden , this hit and miss, sometimes involuntary sustain happens- (my foot is nowhere near the pedal, and i get sustain)

I bought an M audio a few weeks ago, and it was fine for two weeks, then I used it with a Yamaha keyboard, I had to switch the polarity switch on M Audio. and it was fine on the Yamaha.

Then last night I plugged pedal into Kurz again, and forgot to switch the polarity. It worked ok for about a set- then next set the INTERMITTENT sustain came back. Up to that moment, the new M Audio with Kurz and with Yamaha had NO issues.

Of course I reset the switch on the pedal, turned off Kurz etc etc- but to no avail.

Help!!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the problem is with the M-Audio sustain pedal only?

I bought the M-Audio sustain pedal and had a similar problem.

THIS ONE

When set to use with a Casio, it works perfectly. However, if I switch polarity to use with a Kurzweil, it's intermittent.

If this is your problem, get a different pedal - NOT an M-Audio. :mad:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived