Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Chord help needed

Cygnus64

Starts at 30 seconds in. It's kinda hard to hear. Here's what I have (the one with question marks is surely wrong). 8 measures:

Eb/G Ab

G7/B Cm

Eb/G Ab

Fm/Bb??? Eb/Bb

Eb/G Ab

Bb/D Ab/C

Eb/G Ab

Bb Eb

Thanks.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey David,

Hope you don't mind...I had a little fun with this; I always liked Gospel chord progressions! :)

Bourniplus is correct regarding the D7#9 (which then becomes Bbsus2/D). If the remaining chord colors are important to you (and they should be) the pic contains what I hear, and includes the other time stamps you're asking about.

Enjoy!

http://s7.postimage.org/mlswttbnb/No_one_else.jpg

Hey David,

Hope you don't mind...

How DARE you. I do mind that you totally kick ass. :laugh::thu: WOW, how cool! Thanks so much, that's unbelievably helpful, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to do that!

This forum is always at it's best when people help each other out. :thu: I owe ya one.

You have very good ears BM.

Indeed. I can get the triads of the chords pretty well, but I struggle with the "blue" notes i.e. 7ths 9ths etc that make stuff like this interesting. I have most of this chart sketched (pizz for the strings in the off beat stuff) but I'm adding the 7ths and it makes a huge difference. I really like it when people make me look smarter than I am. :thu::D

Hey David,

Hope you don't mind...

How DARE you. I do mind that you totally kick ass. :laugh::thu: WOW, how cool! Thanks so much, that's unbelievably helpful, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to do that!

This forum is always at it's best when people help each other out. :thu: I owe ya one.

Glad I could be of help :)

BernMeister and some forumite from Germany whos name I forget seem to be the reigning champs of amazing ears transcribing stuff. Way to go BM!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived