Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BADBADNOTGOOD

MAJUSCULE

Anyone heard of these guys? They played their first show ever on September 17th. Their Youtube channel has been attracting a lot of attention, thanks in large part to their Odd Future covers. They've got two albums plus some other tidbits for all free download on their bandcamp or their tumblr.

[video:youtube]

Discuss.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to the entire first clip, and a little of the 2nd and 3rd (I'd listen to more, but I have one foot out the door for tonights gig).

First impressions. I liked it. I didn't like the first couple of minutes of the first clip, but I'm glad I stuck it out for the rest.

Some interesting stuff going on by some young cats, not doing screamo metal!

:thu: Right on!

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

The cats can play, no doubt. Loads better than the dispos-o-pop and squashed self-pitying emo with its pretentious and irritating vibratoless vocal caterwauling that this age group usually churns out... ;-)

It almost sounds like Floyd-meets-Brubeck while Hendrix looks on, in a way...

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

This is some interesting stuff and who knows where they will end up with it :idea: . Thanks for posting :thu:.

My world: www.chriselkins.ca

Roland D-70/SC-55, Kawai K5000s, Korg Triton Extreme 88, Yamaha MO8, Yamaha SY-99, Technics SX-U90P 'Pro90'

"I've heard a lot worse!"

Listened to all three beginning to end. Headed to their website next.

Not afraid to say that's some great stuff.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Listened to the entire first clip; will have to listen to the others later, as I'm getting ready to go to a gig.

I like what I hear so far. Some intriguing stuff going on....

Thanks for posting these for us !

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived