Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

First time playing after a long absence

b3maniac

Some of the forum members might remember my post from several weeks where I asked about "karma" (not the keyboard). After seven or eight years of not playing in bands, I finally found some people who just click with me and I'm loving it. Really nice people and they love music as much as I do. I played my first job (outdoor festival) with them this weekend and managed to get through the set without too many problems. I could feel the "rust" in my playing but not as bad as a few weeks ago. I also had a couple of glitches with the boards. So I now know there are things I need to do with my "new" stage set-up before the next time we play.

I posted a video link in Shameless Plugs, just get past the talking part and the music begins.

I'm playing a Yamaha S80, Motif ES, and Korg CX3 with a tube preamp and a recently purchased Ventilator. Thanks to the members here who've given me encouragement, and know that I will get rid of that rust in my playing!

Don

Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, good to hear! Nice feel to your playing. I'm on a leave of absence myself due to a wrist injury and look forward to getting back to it at some point. I expect it was good times getting back with things. Enjoy!
U1 | NP | NS3 | NE3 HP | K10

Yes indeed, it was a good time after being away so long. I just have to keep on working on my playing so it will flow again. The rust is definately there, but not as bad as a month ago. I also have to incorporate some of the lessons I learned with this stage set-up. My last two practices I used the guitar player's Fantom when I should have been getting familiar with the rig set-up. I hope you recover quickly! Don
Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

Archived