Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Left NYC for MIAMI

tarkus

.... Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Yeah - NYC doesn't stand a chance in this dept...

Nonsense. Where were you living in NYC?

Where do I begin? Over 20 years living and working in NYC

Downtown, Midtown, UES, eventually settling in NJ

Almost moved to Dyker Heights.

Enjoy shoveling snow this winter...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm FROM Coral Gables. Born and raised. It's not the same town it once was. No value judgment implied, except that it's not for me anymore; too crowded. I'm still a Floridian at heart, though. You can take the kid out of the swamp, but...

Tarkus, enjoy it. Have some fried plantains and a real Cuban sandwich. Head to Key Biscayne for an afternoon.

BTW, U. Miami School of Music. Still a happening place as far as I can tell. (I almost went there but just had to get out of town. No regrets. I wouldn't have my lovely wife if I had.)

-John

I make software noises.

Just wait 'til Christmas when you'll be on the beach calling all your friends up north who'll be freezing. Hey maybe all us Miami transplants could meet up one day. I have some pretty cool connections for concert tickets.

In NYC I lived on 95th between 2nd and 3rd ave. Before that a born and bread Philly guy.

http://bigfun3.bandcamp.com

www.facebook.com/BigFunThree

The winter factor can't be denied.

I went to grad school in Ithaca, NY for a bit. Was visting my folks over winter break and the day I left, it was 64 degrees. When I landed in Ithaca, it was minus 4.

I dropped out shortly thereafter. :D

-John

I make software noises.

.... Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Yeah - NYC doesn't stand a chance in this dept...

Nonsense. Where were you living in NYC?

I just flew back from NYC, and boy is my neck tired....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Just wait 'til Christmas when you'll be on the beach calling all your friends up north who'll be freezing.

Why wait 'til Christmas? We're on our way there now...

This past Sunday here in S. Dakota was almost 90 degrees. But...today's high is going to be about 57 degrees, with a freeze advisory tonight.

Stuff and things.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Yeah when Ropeadope approached us it was a no brainer, great label with a great roster of artists. Went to your site too. Very very cool music going on. Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Thanx for your kind words. I was thinking of sending our new CD (to be recorded soon) to Ropeadope, but i think it's quite hard to be signed in an American company when you live overseas.

BTW, i didn't mention to drive this thread to cuban girls Vs. european girls Vs. brazilian girls :love: But enevtually it did go there - go figure :thu:

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Yeah when Ropeadope approached us it was a no brainer, great label with a great roster of artists. Went to your site too. Very very cool music going on. Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Thanx for your kind words. I was thinking of sending our new CD (to be recorded soon) to Ropeadope, but i think it's quite hard to be signed in an American company when you live overseas.

BTW, i didn't mention to drive this thread to cuban girls Vs. european girls Vs. brazilian girls :love: But enevtually it did go there - go figure :thu:

I would go for it. Send your music to RaD. The worse they could say is sorry. On that other topic. All I can say is that in Miami I have seen some of the most beautiful women, doesn't matter where they are from. I'll send you a PM about RaD info.

While I can appreciate the beach, I much prefer January snow over 100 degree humidity of a Florida August. There is something to be said for wrapping up in a blanket with someone in front of a fire.

Anyway, congrats on the move and good luck. If I was 30 years younger ...

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

thanks - it's hotter and more Humid in NJ than in Miami (but keep that under your hat)

It was myth started down here to prevent anymore North Easters from moving down her. :)

The good news is - all my gear survived the move without harm.

SKB case for the Triton and Gator case for the MEK.

the little Gator reinforced soft case has proven itself (I would still opt for SKB or other type FLight case when turning gear over to a moving company)

The Amps (KP 200)(Ampeg 210) had nothing more than moving blankets on them.

The only gear casualty was the hard case to my Fender Jazz Bass - one of the latches was completely broken off... other than that - the Bass was all good.

I believe the movers tried their best to secure stuff, but when someone else is moving and securing your stuff - it's a long week to wait ...

Same in Philly and NYC. A lot more humid than Miami in the summer. Taking the NYC subway in August was like being in hell! I'll take the ocean breeze any day. I work on South Beach a block from the beach and it's heaven, except I'd rather be on the beach than working. That's the downside of living here....working. Glad your gear survived the move.

Archived