Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Left NYC for MIAMI

tarkus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to live in Miami -- hard town to live in on a modest income, but if you can afford it, it's a great city.

I thought many people's personal styles were somewhat garish, but no complaints, especially regarding beach wear -- to steal from Bob Hope, "It's amazing what they can do with dental floss these days."

Big point of advice here: usted debe aprender español; there really is no choice unless you only want to talk to 40% of the population.

Welcome to the Magic City. I did the same thing almost 15 years ago and haven't looked back. Music scene is not the same but found some great musicians here in Miami. The ironic thing is that I form an avant/jazz trio together here and get a deal with Ropeadope Records, a label based up north. Anyway best of luck in Miami. Wait until Nov/Dec when the weather gets spectacular.

Bruce - BF3

If you're playing anywhere soon keep me posted.

http://bigfun3.bandcamp.com

www.facebook.com/BigFunThree

You guys are so lucky to be able to move around in a huge country, with so many differences, but still the same language and culture. That'd be a dream in Europe - but here we still have our f***g national identities and stereotypes, that moving and finding job outside your country is still hard...

A friend of mine used to live in Florida and has only good words to say - and all these hot cuban girls :) So have a nice stay.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

The ironic thing is that I form an avant/jazz trio together here and get a deal with Ropeadope Records, a label based up north.

BTW i jumped in your group by accident, when searching Ropeadope's catalogue (i'm a fan of this record company, one of the few good ones around). You did a nice job, i dug your music!

You guys are so lucky to be able to move around in a huge country, with so many differences, but still the same language and culture. That'd be a dream in Europe - but here we still have our f***g national identities and stereotypes, that moving and finding job outside your country is still hard...

A friend of mine used to live in Florida and has only good words to say - and all these hot cuban girls :) So have a nice stay.

you should be happy we have national identity man...

Besides if you speak English, Spanish, French and German you can work anywhere in Europe as well...

motif

National identity is a good thing - but it bleeds sometimes. Look what happened in Serbia in the 90's. The main problem in Europe is the huge cultural differences and stereotypes we face when we move around- but i'm going off topic here, so back to Florida...

Big point of advice here: usted debe aprender español; there really is no choice unless you only want to talk to 40% of the population.

Miami is great, and the español thing is great for us when we go there :)

Aprender español es fácil ;) And we the spanish speakers will gladly make our best to help you and understand your spanish during your learning period :thu:

Man I could not do that, I guess I am a northeastern person at heart. I do think that the only plus living down there is I could get into a good Reggae band with no problem.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Yeah when Ropeadope approached us it was a no brainer, great label with a great roster of artists. Went to your site too. Very very cool music going on. Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

http://bigfun3.bandcamp.com

www.facebook.com/BigFunThree

.... Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Yeah - NYC doesn't stand a chance in this dept...

I'm working in Coral Gables... aye dios mio!

.... Oh by the way about the hot Cuban girls...also Brazilian, Argentine, well almost all of Latin American girls are here in Miami, I have permanent whiplash.

Nonsense. Where were you living in NYC?

I've lived in both NYC (Queens, from 1986 to present) and Miami (Hialeah actually, near the race track, from 1976-1977).

I enjoyed both places, except that Florida is miserably hot and humid in late August. It's nice not to have to dig your car out of the snow in December, though!

There are plenty of pretty girls of all races in both places, IMHO! And you hear Spanish just about everywhere you go in NYC, too. Certainly in my neighborhood, and since my wife is from Colombia I get to hear Spanish every day.....

Hey Tarkus, i'll be moving back to South Florida soon, Probably to Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale, so not really that far from Coral Gables. If anything, let's meet up. :thu:

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

There are plenty of pretty girls of all races in both places, IMHO!

+1

The advantage of NYC is the diversity.

If you go to Miami on a saturday night you'll forget what's NYC. ;)

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

There are plenty of pretty girls of all races in both places, IMHO!

+1

The advantage of NYC is the diversity.

I don't know, last time I went to Miami Beach I was driving 30 minutes and couldn't find available parking place...same as in NYC isn't it?

Best Places to Watch Hot Women in Miami

When was the last time you spent any night in NYC? ;)

Yeeears ago, don't get me wrong, i loved it! Wish i could live there, actually. But there's nothing like having a blast in miami, you're in paradise. (if you know the right people/places)

But there's nothing like having a blast in miami, you're in paradise. (if you know the right people/places)

It's nice but overrated - if you wanna women paradise go to southern Portugal or Spain...

http://lagosportugal.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/beach-of-lagos-portugal.jpg

It's nice but overrated - if you wanna women paradise go to southern Portugal or Spain...

Where are the women in this photo? :confused:

+1 haha

But there's nothing like having a blast in miami, you're in paradise. (if you know the right people/places)

And man, i was born in Brazil, why would i want to go to Spain or Portugal for the beaches and women? there's no point ;)

Hey Tarkus, i'll be moving back to South Florida soon, Probably to Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale, so not really that far from Coral Gables. If anything, let's meet up. :thu:

sounds good

Archived