Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Voce Micro B module

Joe 1320

I was digging though a bunch of equipment in storage, I ran across my old Voce micro B module. Still works fine.....anyone still use one and are these worth anything? Technology has changed so much over the last 10 years.....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a MicroB II used for $250.00 . It sounds good but most of the presets have a warm register that sound good in a trio setup but dont cut through with a guitar player in the band.

The C/V and Leslie are way behind the times. I occasionally use mine with a Ventilator. These are still availlable new for about $450.00 .

FunMachine.

I used a Micro BII with a Dynacord CLS-222 for a few years. It was my "two rack space Hammond/Leslie" back in the day. I basically fashioned the best "rock organ" patch I could configure among the two units and flew with that all night.

I've always liked Voce products; very authentic tone. I also used a V5/Spin II for many years playing weddings....I could really get some delightfully schmaltzy organ patches out of that thing for some of the standards we played.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Holy moly, now there's a piece of kit I haven't heard of in a while. I had one of these in the 90s. I couldn't tell you if there's a market for it now or not, but this is in answer to whether anyone who's owned one still does: I sold mine when I got a Nord Electro back in 2002, I think it was.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

I bought an original Micro B in 93 as well. The Leslie wasn't bad for the time, but the fact that you couldn't have the leslie and the chorus/vibrato activated at the same time was so limiting. The percussion was o.k., but the click was way too snappy. I'm sure it would have sounded great through a real Leslie.

At one point in the very early '90s I had a Voce DMI-64 for a brief period. Anyone remember that gray beast? Probably the most intuitive UI ever created, LOL.

I saw a show with one of these run through a fender twin. It sounded awesome (The player was bad-ass, which didn't hurt!)

Archived