Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How many lightbulb users does it take to change a lightbulb?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a state consulting contract one of the resident cynics told me the answer was 17.

17 people from prior year budget preparation, to email request to requisition to POs to the approval to send the approval to the maintenance guys, to get the thing scheduled as part of one of their trips, to do a QC check, and so on. They actually counted one time.

They never heard of petty cash. Even if there was a box of them there it would be locked away by the maintenance guys.

edit: they counted it and had it on a business process flow chart. As I fooud out it wasn't a joke. It's just the way things are.

A moth walks into a bar and sits down, and orders a whiskey. Bartender asks "so what's going on?". The moth says, "well, things have been rough. I lost my job and have really been struggling. I just found out they're foreclosing on my house. I caught my wife cheating with my best friend. When I confronted her, she left me. I've been depressed and turning to the bottle...sometimes I just want to die!". The bartender says "that sounds aweful, but it sound like you need a shrink, not a drink!. What are you doing here?". The moth says "the light was on".

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived