Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just mixed The Fixx

The Fixx played in Annapolis tonight. I was called by the venue when they needed a triple tier keyboard stand for the gig. As things ended up, I got to mix the band and had the best time I've had doing a live mix in a long while!! A great crowd, a great bunch of guys to work with, and an very unexpected and rewarding gig that just happened to fall in my lap. If you have a chance to see the band, by all means - DO SO!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is so cool Tinder! Congrats. I was just thinking about them the other day. One of my all-time favorite keyboard intros to a song is "Deeper and Deeper". It's a PPG and some delay or something. Never properly figured it out but I love that intro. Cool song too. I saw them when they were on tour with "Phantoms" back in HS. Great show. One of the best I saw up till then. Can you tell I like the Fixx? :) Congrats again. - DJDM

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster the Salsa Shepherd: [b]Cool. I remember that song "One Thing Leads To Another"...right? Came out early 80s, I believe. Good stuff.[/b][/quote]That was a great song that wouldn't sound so dated if it weren't for that out of place synth "weeeeooooowwwwww" sound that repeats throughout it. I hope you kept that really low in your mix ;) Cool gig to get! They had some great tunes. Saved by Zero, One Thing Leads to Another, Are We Ourselves?

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw The Fixx at the Magic Bag here in Detroit and was positively BLOWN AWAY by Cy Curnin's vocals! :eek: I had no idea that they could rock like that! Jamie West-Oram is a hell of a guitarist as well! Very entertaining show!
This way, no, wait, that way!

What a cool, unexpected surprise! I had the pleasure being one of the remixers on the Fixx's "One Thing Leads To Another - Remixes" CD in 2000. Having received lots of source material over the years from various record companies and artists, I was very impressed with the quality of those original Fixx tracks. Rupert Hines produced that record, I believe.

That's funny-- The drummer in my band just mixed the Fixx when they were in town here in Harrisburg last week (I think it was last week). He couldn't stop raving about them!
"You can't enjoy yourself unless you're having fun."

Archived