Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gas!!!!!!

Bluesape

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It needs a maple pickguard and a maple headstock-overlay...

;):D:thu:

Gold knobs 'n' cream plastic-parts 'd be a plus, to.

yep, or no plate

Gold knobs, yes. No plate, okay. But cream p/up bezels would get lost with that finish. Maybe white...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sold yet!http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Smileys/MSN-Emoticon-036.gifhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Smileys/bluesbros.gif
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Guitars/gibsonrawpowerlpapr29.jpg

Here's the actual item.....

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Tough call - my LP and my V are just about sonically interchangeable. Not identical, but either one can more than cover the Gibson tone role at any gig, as can my other Gibsons.

I don't need this axe, but I sure like it! If I somehow get it, it'll squash any other GASsy aspirations, like...oh...a T5....

I've tried to avoid GAS by not looking... and the GAS now finds me! People call me offering to sell me stuff they think I'd like... I'm trying to be strong...

I did glance at Craig's List here the other day... for some reason a guy was getting rid of an American strat (plus a guitar rig interface/pedal board) for $350 and an American Pbass deluxe or something for $300. Capitalism and the lure of the flip led me to call and someone had run over to get them the minute he posted them. I need to check, probably one of my friends who's making his living from reselling and flipping gear these days.

Tough call - my LP and my V are just about sonically interchangeable. Not identical, but either one can more than cover the Gibson tone role at any gig, as can my other Gibsons.

I don't need this axe, but I sure like it! If I somehow get it, it'll squash any other GASsy aspirations, like...oh...a T5....

Hmn; I'd advise a try-before-you-buy or at least a trial-period agreement where you can give it a good try-out to see- hear- just how much you like or don't like its tone and feel, especially as compared to your other axes, and possibly return it if it doesn't meet or exceed...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

A great gibby is definitely hard to find and a keeper for sure, especially nowadays

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

OK, Reif, so how does it compare to your white Les Paul Studio with the ebony fretboard?

Well, I've had the white one a while, and it's set up and strung to my taste. The neck on the maple one feels a shade bigger, but that could just be excessive(for me) string tension. I didn't have them there together for comparison. They both snort and growl purdy through Mesa amps. I have no doubts that I could make this into a great player.

Prolly a moot point. Our TV conked last night, and the microwave died a couple weeks ago. The money will have to go elsewhere. I know they can both be replaced cheap, but it's still an outlay....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Guitars/818fc0b0-7d73-4ecc-b7f7-598724e033af.jpg

OMG!!!!

Nah I never liked a Les Paul, no easy upper fret access, the control pots are too far from the bridge, and they are heavy. I was a bricklayer by trade, and I don't lift anything heavy voluntarily.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Guitars/818fc0b0-7d73-4ecc-b7f7-598724e033af.jpg

OMG!!!!

Nah I never liked a Les Paul, no easy upper fret access, the control pots are too far from the bridge, and they are heavy. I was a bricklayer by trade, and I don't lift anything heavy voluntarily.....

Both this one and mine are lighter than my ash Strat.

I gave my Les Paul away to my oldest kid. I never missed it. I have a Gibson SG but like the Paul the volume controls are too far away from the bridge. It is my very best playing guitar, and yet my least favorite.

aha! you must like your strat!! that's my only beef with most gibsons, and i'll admit it, i have routed a few of mine (including one les paul) to add a volume control where my pinky is happy. there's even one on my old firebird. sacrilege? sure. do i care? nope...it's for me, and not something i'd ever sell, anyways. to me, it makes it a more valuable/usable axe.

I have a Faded SG special with the half moon inlays and ebony fingerboard. It is a collectors item although not that valuable yet so I am leaving it stock. I have a volume pedal in my pedal board just for that guitar. I never use that pedal with my strat clone, my homemade strat/tele hybrid, or Ibanez RG. I did move the volume control a bit away from the strings on my Strat clone half way between the stock volume and middle tone pot and made the thing with only one tone pot. The stock strat volume control is too close to where I lay my picking hand and it had to go.

Archived