Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mackie Thump Speakers ?

darc68

I just bought 2 Mackie TH12s and a Yamaha MG 102c Mixer. I`m excited to finally be running in stereo. With all the options out there I`m hoping I made a good choice and these serve me well.

I the preferred speakers on this forum are QSCs but I didn`t have the budget for those. Has anyone used or heard about these? Just curious.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awsome to hear. My main concern was if the 12" would provide the Bass I like. I`ll be testing Live this weekend.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

@darc68

Please do report back. Just checked the price and I can afford one of these.

Back doing some crap pub gigs where I'm not through the PA and there's no room for a little side fill PA or monitors. I also can't justify a QSC K10 for the pocket money type fees bands are agreeing to gig for round here.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

I have a set of the TH15A, and agree they aren't as tight sounding as the 12. I checked my set and found that the 15 comes from the factory without a speaker gasket...Installed gaskets on mine and tinkered with the cabinet insulation and ports. Now they sound so much better. Gotta wonder why they don't put a gasket when it has to be cheap to do so at the factory. They now do a good job for keys when you back off the bass on the cabinet eq.

Don

Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF6, Radial Key Largo, Yamaha DXR 10's

The new system was great this weekend. It`s HEAVEN to be running in stereo. I really like having the speakers on each side of me used as a wedge.

My gig this weekend was with a Rock Band. It can sometimes be a challange kkeping up w/ the stage volume. I had no issues at all. The Thumps had plenty of top end left. The sound never suffered at all.

I`m extremely happy so far w/ this set-up. It was affordable, Light weight and a Pro System. It`ll be nice to not have to worry about my sound.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Archived