Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TWISTER KEYBOARD STANDS?

kiwihawaii

Bobby,

Thanks for the pics of Lawrence's stand. I knew it had a slip ring for connections, but had never seen the stand up close.

I've been jonesin' for something like that for a loooong time.

I am ordering one Monday. We are playing playing a lot more festival/large stage/infinite space shows and this is what I've always wanted. I'll have my new buds at Redco make me up a very long snake to carry the two audio two midi and two power.

I have an AX90 as well. So after getting the Twister, I can choose which gig to use which stand.

One thing I really like is the height adjustment. Sitting to standing levels.

If I'm the first from KC to use one at a gig, I'll give detailed reviews and pics.

This stand looks pretty interesting. The "lift" feature is definitely appealing. I'll wonder out loud about what (if any) mechanism the Twister stands have to keep it from pivoting when you're not actually trying to spin it. While it certainly ain't cheap - it doesn't seem like it's ridiculously expensive.

The two tier version is a few bucks less than my new AX90 stand.

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I'll have my new buds at Redco make me up a very long snake to carry the two audio two midi and two power...

I'm currently using a Redco custom snake that carries signal (4 channels) and MIDI (4 channels) from my keyboards to my keyboard rack - and couldn't be happier with the quality of their components and workmanship. Your "...and two power" comment however raised my eyebrows a little. I'd don't recall ever seeing a product that carries both AC power and signal. Is this something that Redco offers now?

The SpaceNorman :freak:

No there isn't. I'll attach a long power cable myself to the outside of the snake.

Redco good people. They were my source for all the parts I used to make my custom rack i/o panel.

David

No there isn't. I'll attach a long power cable myself to the outside of the snake.

Redco good people. They were my source for all the parts I used to make my custom rack i/o panel.

Got it! The reason I was asking is because my rig's AC power cabling could be a little bit cleaner. Nothing truly wrong with it ... it's just not as efficient as as it could be. Nothing that can't be easily addressed with a little thought and $40 worth of cables and parts. The only potentially snotty issue will be doing anything with the power cable for my Yamaha CP300. Instead of using a standard IEC power cable (which are readily available in pretty much any length you might want) - the CP300 uses a cheezy light gauge power cable (think lamp cord type stuff) with a strange molded end that's a combination circle and square connector which looks like the detachable cable you see on some electric razors. I've never seen anything like it in any of the catalogs or on-line shops I've looked through. Oh well, at least it's not a damn wall wart!!!!

I agree with you about Redco! I've ordered a couple of custom cables from them and have been happy all the way around. Quality components, quality workmanship, quick turnaround times and reasonable pricing make their custom cables a real attractive option. I'll have no qualms about ordering from them again.

The SpaceNorman :freak:

I hear ya on the Yammy power cords.

My CP33 isn't as bad but it's still very thin.

I will probably do what Twister Stands recommends: Get a long power cable that has two standard outlets on the end. You strap this to the top of the stand with the snake, and connect the key's power cables there. I'd only need a short IEC cord for my Triton, and the CP33 cord is easy enough to bundle up unseen.

Basically after getting the Twister, I would have two stand and snake setups. The static Ax90 and the Twister.

David

Glad to see the responses and some interest.

I don't know bout you guys, but I play in a rock band where

all the players are very animated, so the more I can do to

put on a bit of a show, the better! (i'm now lucky to

have enough space too..well most of the time)

How many times have you seen a keyboardist spin his boards

besides LG of Styks?

When mine arrives this week, i'll give a review here too.

Archived