Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Preach and Teach...

offnote

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The collar on Buddy's Nehru Jacket looks out of place....

Is that John Denver on alto sax? Maybe it's Richie Cole.

I don't know who the organ player is.... he's good. Buddy must have liked him quite a lot to allow someone with a BEARD to be in his band.

One of his infamous tirades concerned a bearded trombone player, to whom he made all kinds of threats. I will have to go back and listen to those recordings of Buddy screaming at him.

"Two f**in' weeks to make up your mind whether you want a beard or you want a job. I'll not have this trouble with this band. This is not the goddamn House of David f**in' baseball team. This is the Buddy Rich Band; young people...with faces! No more f**in' beards. That's out!"

Yeah I don't care how good BR was or how good he thought he was.

I guess he was used to having things HIS way , wasn't he?

Just imagine having that tape out there as evidence of what kind of person you really are/ were.

I must not have been the first time he went off like this. I bet the guy with the tape recorder was READY to record. And there are MULTIPLE instances of this kind of behavior from Buddy.

I guess they talk to you like this in the MILITARY.

Buddy was the absolute best drummer ever at propelling a big band, and he knew it.

He was arrogant to a fault, and unfortunately that side was provoked by his having to deal with a new breed of damn hippie musicians in his later years.

:rimshot: <- most appropriate smiley ever

Moe

---

Yeah I don't care how good BR was or how good he thought he was.

I guess he was used to having things HIS way , wasn't he?

Just imagine having that tape out there as evidence of what kind of person you really are/ were.

I must not have been the first time he went off like this. I bet the guy with the tape recorder was READY to record. And there are MULTIPLE instances of this kind of behavior from Buddy.

I guess they talk to you like this in the MILITARY.

so what?

he's the one signing the paychecks.

James Brown was a notoriously hard taskmaster too,and also made some damn fine music.

BTW I was in the military,they yell at you because if you fuck up you could die,or get someone else killed.

Archived