Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your "antacid" when GAS bubbles up?

SteveC

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My gas valve is poverty. It's hard to satisfy GAS if you don't have the wherewithal.

That hasn't stopped most of the Lowdowners I've seen.

They must be better shoplifters than me. Or, maybe I'm better at poverty than they are... :confused:

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

My kids are required to pay their own way through college. One found grants and loans, one joined the Air Force, one went to art school and one is still 14 years old.

Mine get a 2 year community college degree out of me, I get a huge debt. I only require one thing....it to be a Nursing degree. I'm not paying anything for anything that doesn't lead to good employment opportunities. Once they get there, they can earn enough to do what ever else they want. My main motivation is to have them be able to afford a decent old folks home for me and the wife! :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Is it GAS if you HAVE to buy it?

The jazz trio just got a run of a coule of wineries, a cheese shop and a wedding. Last week we had to run without monitors and it was awful. The keys resorted to using headphones (in formal ware) and the singer and I struggled (damn JBL and their sound construction - we couldn't hear anything behind the mains!). Picked up a cheap pair of Kustom 10" and a budget Gem Sound XPS 300 (not Behringer) power amp to solve the problem.

I DID NOT buy the Jack Cassidy Epi and it's hard case.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Required professional purchases are not gas.

Unless it's actual gas for the van to get to the gig of course. That would be a required professional purchase that actually was gas.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Push the button Frank.

It's twofold for me: money (as has been mentioned often) but also space. I'd love another bass - fretless or five string - but the closet where my instruments are housed is pretty full.

We may be buying a house soon. Then hopefully it'll just be the money problem. :)

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

Time.

I walk away.

If I come back in a week and it still looks good, depending on circumstances I buy or wait another week.

If I miss it, I don't worry. There is always another deal, another bass.

If it's online I'll only move for something I have experience with.

I have purchased on impulse and paid the price. I can't afford to do that anymore.

Archived