Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Orange citrus

_Sweet Willie_

Oooops... Fighting scurvy and bringing the funk?!

I think I might have a permanent visitor on its way to see me. This might be it:

http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/images/249_web.jpg

Maybe. Just maybe. :cool:

More later. ;)

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laying down the groove and meeting your minimum daily requirement of vitamin C! Very cool.

Wish I could make a P/J set up work. Tried Lakland and G&L and Conklin P/J's and never seemed to get the sound I wanted, maybe I didn't give 'em enough time?

Never stopped Rocco and Victor (and others) before.

Looking forward to a review. Carey's 'pups?

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Any chance that Citrus Thunder will be gigged out any time soon? I would LUV to hear that live!

So I would presume this fish is going to be passive, correct? And will it be wired like a '62 Jazz bass's stack knobs? I actually tried a Fender American Vintage 62 reissue Jazz with stacked knobs recently, and I have to admit to being baffled about the tone knobs. I am WAY too accustomed to a V/V/T configuration.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

That is seriously awesome!

Congrats Sweets, what a wonderful Christmas gift!! :D

Can't wait to read a full report.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Any chance that Citrus Thunder will be gigged out any time soon? I would LUV to hear that live!

Not soon. Just had a couple of private gigs in Nov and Dec. Dry stretch coming up.

So I would presume this fish is going to be passive, correct? And will it be wired like a '62 Jazz bass's stack knobs?

Yes. Correct.

Peace.

--SW

PS: Name = Citric Acid

spreadluv

I love Orange - such a vibrant and positive colour.

I would call it Seville - bit sophisticated but this is where the best European oranges come from so it's a bit sassy. However, this bass is all US so Orange and Nordstrand mixed become Nordage or Orand. Both sound mad.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

I love Nordstrand PUs, I have them on 2 basses, I love the headstock - obviously not Fender, I love the colour, I love the PU arrangement and you cannae go wrong with a Jazz body so buy it now.

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

I don't have time to write a decent, detailed review, but the bottom line is that this bass is all kinds of kick-ass. It's loads of fun to play, is more flexible tonally than I'd hoped for (the vol/tone for each pickup was a wise spec to request, if I do say so my own darn self), solidly built, and looks outstanding up close and in person.

I've played it through my Ampeg B50R 1x12 combo amp (which is a nice little practice combo) and thru my "gig rig" -- Warwick pre, Peavey power, Bag End cab. It kills, ya dig?! Phat'n'happy sounds making the low end go.

I also think this bass is gonna rock my pedal board. For example, the P pickup is crying out to light up the Pigtronix Disnortion. (Really...I swear...I heard it say so...for real, yo.)

Then I've got to get it out to play with the fellahs and see how it does against some guitars and drums and saxes and... Anyway, you get the gist. Periodic updates are on tap.

SW = happy camper

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

That is one sweet-looking fish, and I'm glad to hear it plays as good as it looks.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Mmmm, orange...

He disappears for ages, then in his first post for months he only uses two words. And one of them isn't really a word.

Talk about laconic...

But seriously, good to see you dropping in Alex! Is life still as hectic?

Cheers

Graham (sorry for the thread hijack)

www.talkingstrawberries.com - for rocking' blues, raw and fresh!

Archived