Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jonny Lang

desertbluesman

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What really floored me is his vocal style/ability, he sounds as black as any man can get, yet it was authentic, no faking or copying anyone. Usually I discount vocalists as unimportant to my listening pleasure, although there are many I really admire, and enjoy. But this guy looked so different than he sounded at first, I could not match that face with the voice for the first few bars, but after a bit it did fit right together because of his authenticity. I was surprised.

I don't have any of his music so my knowledge of his music is minimal. That said I remember years back when he had a radio hit(can't remember the name of the song.)As a fellow musician, my hats off to Mr. Lang for "MAKING IT" and continuing to play the music that moves him. "KEEP IT UP!"

Thanks for the reminder! "Lie to Me" that's the one. That was a cool song!

The best thing about lie to me wasn't Johnnie Lang. It was Bekka Bramlett's backing vocal on the chorus...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Saw him recently in the Experience Hendrix gig and he was great. He cut a few blues style discs then one that was rock, didn't care for it. Killer voice, great musician. He plays on a few cuts on the recent blues CD from Cindy Lauper also.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Archived