Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Intro

Russkull

...as a rule people here like it if you at least introduce yourself, tell us a bit about you, before promoting a personal project. If you really want to join in the forum, I mean. It's worth it; lots of talented and knowledgeable people here (not me) and you no doubt have a lot to share, too.

I read this wise quote from Chad on another thread and realized that, although I have no "personal project to promote", I should probably introduce myself after 20 something posts.

I started with guitar about 17 years ago - always was more of a rhythm player. Got into a little bass of bass at that time but not much, just enough to be dangerous. Almost four years ago, my church needed another bass player and I picked it up again and really started to get into it.

I realized some of my favorite parts of songs, especially the Beatles, were the bass and I'd never noticed it. Now I'm learning as much as I can. It helps to be playing at least every other week for two church services. Next step is probably to take some lessons, although I've got a baby on the way so that might have to wait. I also write music but just for my own enjoyment (and probably to my family and friends' chagrin, since they are forced to listen to it).

I play fingerstyle mostly, trying to learn slap but not much luck. I have a four string Jazz and a Genz Benz head with an Avatar cab - love it. I eventually want a 5 string Spector but don't have the money or the room. (Oh, and that fretless Squier Jazz, as long as I'm wishing).

Sorry for the long introduction. I've already gotten a lot of help/wisdom from this board and I appreciate the willingness of the long-time members to be a resource for those of us with less experience. Thanks for reading.

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross, definitely not after reading that mess of posts about yours! ;) Thought your site was good, by the way.

And SNF - yes - I am that most weekend of weekend warriors - I only play on one day of the weekend....

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

You guys should have an intro sticky thread over here for new guys like we have on the keyboard corner. I introduced myself some years back there, and have joined in here on occasion (played bass in my old band, just for fun now), but never really introduced myself here...and not about to start now, I'll remain a mystery. :wave:

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

....and Dan, if you've lurked here enough then you'll understand why I say that, you ARE a mystery.

LOL - Oh, I know!

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived