Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VB3-2 through K12s and a KSub

WheelHead

Hooked up my new K12s to my Hamichord using the VB3-2 via Ventilator. Though have been playing piano recently out for a bit, I am having a blast running this organ through this. The KSub just works beautifully (I love it) for LH/tapped bass lines with nice bass tone and cut (more than you need). Put a smile right on my face when I first played it and have been jamming for hours with the K12s handling organ treble. Cut it off at the Mackie board at 100Hz to sub. I have a couple cats coming over later to jam so I will hear it with a group.

The organ has a real 'Smithy' tone via the QSCs though was not far from it before.

I was getting the K10s (would have been fine too) but I could pick up the K12s right away in stock locally at the only place that gave a decent discount for that Black Friday thing. (QSC was eliminated at other resellers for discount)

VB3-2 just rocks!!! (and 'jazzes'), This program freaks me out all the time.

W

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grrr. And we mere mortals continue to wait. :D

Shouldn't be that long man. What is snappin' me out right now is the walking bassline with the sub, Haven't played 'Hammond' with a sub or bass cabinet in a while. It is the ABSOLUTE world of different. When you toe tap the LH bass line it freakin' grooves and the toe tap with the sub REALLY sounds like a bass pluck only cooler. (well known to many, I am sure). You can really see why the toe tap technique works so well with the sub that brings the tap out much better for the effect.

W

Archived