Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Back Home/Thankyou

Hi everyone Just thought I'd drop a little note to let you know I'm now back in Scotland. The flights (Philly - London - Glasgow) were safe, smooth & rather uneventful. I also wanted to take another opportunity to say a big BIG [b]THANKYOU[/b] to everyone who helped me out during my time in the States. There really are too many to mention, but you all know who you are and I hope you know how much I appreciate everything you've done for me. Also, major thanks to the MusicPlayer group overall - without these forums and some of the great people who visit here, what I did this past summer would not have been possible. It really was incredible to be able to visit new places in a foreign country knowing that there were like minded people all over the place willing to meet and help out. It was also very touching to read that so many people were keeping track of my progress and wishing me well. You're all welcome to come & visit Scotland! A new lurker wishes to pass on her thanks - my mum! She told me that when she hadnt heard from me she checked in here and was able to find out what I was up to! It's funny, she's learning all the forum terms (thread, post, troll etc) and saying things like "I dunno if I like that guy with the dolphin or not, I cant figure him out" I'm currently re-learning my speakers so I can get on with mixing some of the stuff I recorded in California, aswell as the Collaboration Corner project. Radiohead's "Hail To the Thief" is on at the moment, sounding great. I'm gonna have a lot of fun listening to all the CDs I bought and was given over the summer that I have only listened to in the car. Then I have to figure out what I'm gonna do for the next few months until I can get back Stateside. Thankyou everybody, see you next year! John Scotsman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take care John. What's Glasgow like BTW? Airline tickets from here to Glasgow is darn cheap and I'd like to get away for a couple of days, perhaps I should come visit your town. I've never been to Scotland. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Thanks everyone Mats, Glasgow is a fun place to be, aslong as you stay away from the wrong areas, of which there are many, unfortunately. There's a lot of live music, some excellent, some mediocre. There's some great night clubs, if that's your sorta thing. Glasgow is a city with a lot of history & culture and has a nice contrast with some spectacular new buildings popping up. A great place to visit. I'm not actually in the city at the moment though, I'm in Kirkcudbright, in the SouthWest of the country. Its a nice quiet little place, again it's beautiful to visit, but it's not a place that I enjoy living in - next to nothing to entertain you and full of small-town small-minded people. I dont yet know if I'm going to stay down here or go back to Glasgow while I plan for my next trip stateside. The city is much more fun but much more expensive. In Kirkcudbright, the rent is free (thanks parents!) I have some people to get in touch with in Glasgow - I'll keep everyone posted. Mats, let me know if you do plan to come over - you'll be looked after. flyscots@yahoo.com John

Good to hear you're home safe and sound. Be sure to let us know the next time you're making it on this side of the pond. Lincoln Ross Dead Black Jedis

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Glad to hear that ya had a safe trip, John. You'll still be around here on the forums, won't you?
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

[b]John[/b], it's good to see that you made it home safe and sound (although a bit cold). You're missing a heat wave here in LA - today's expected high in the Valley is 94° Fahrenheit (34° Celsius). I'm looking forward to hearing your mixes. Say hello to your parents in Kirkcudbright. :wave: Best, Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

John, Glad to see you've made it back safe & sound. I'm looking forward to continuing our collaboration team project :thu: . [quote][b] while I plan for my next trip stateside. [/b][/quote]also glad to hear you're planning to come back. Hope you stop in Chicago on your next trip. We can hit Buddy Guy's again :cool: Paul

[quote]Originally posted by paostby: [b] [quote]Originally posted by DJDM: [b]It was great meeting you John.[/b][/quote]Same here from the other Ballard guy! I still got a room, John, but my mother and singer may use it on occassion.[/b][/quote]Sounds kinky! ;) Welcome home John! Can't wait to see you again. Maybe even over there, who knows...

Yeah, come on over Sal! Clay, I'll probably be posting more often, at least for a little while. Geoff, I do miss the heat, my sister cant believe my tan, which is fading fast! Pauldil, I loved Chicago & Buddy Guy's was fantastic but I think I'll be taking the Southern route next time. Maybe you can meet me on one of your business trips! Ken, DJDM, paostby - back at you all, it's a pleasure knowing every single one of ya! John

[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b]Yeah, come on over Sal! Pauldil, I loved Chicago & Buddy Guy's was fantastic but I think I'll be taking the Southern route next time. John[/b][/quote]Sure, I'd be willing to go to the South side of Chicago :D Paul

[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b]A new lurker wishes to pass on her thanks - my mum! She told me that when she hadnt heard from me she checked in here and was able to find out what I was up to! [/b][/quote][i]Oh dear lord!!![/i] :eek: And to think I've spent half my time here strutting around half-naked with a martini in one hand and a waterbong in the other. Aghh! I need a drink! :freak:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Hey [b]John[/b] ! Glad to hear you made it home safely. Did you have to go through Heathrow on your way? When I went to Scotland back in June I had to -- wow! what a nightmare that place is! Anyway... It was great meeting you while you were here, and I hope to see you again when you come back.

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

...or when you come back over here Neil. I went through Gatwick this time, the only hell was the long boring 4 hour wait and listening to the horrible English accents (American voices are so much easier on the ears) Better than missing a flight I suppose. I browsed through the record shops (Virgin & HMV) and wondered who the heck half the people in the charts were! Success in the UK charts can be so short lived that I didnt recognize so many of the current sellers. I got re-routed through Heathrow last year, I didnt find it to be a problem at all. I've heard the horror stories but it was a fine place for me.

What up Addix, Still working. I've got a couple of tunes that are nearly finished. The only thing is my stuff is starting to sound totally different from one song to the next. Really weird. I'll PM you in a week or so and send something up to Charm City. Sorry for the thread hijacking, John. So what's wrong with Heathrow?

"All conditioned things are impermanent. Work out your own salvation with diligence."

The Buddha's Last Words

R.I.P. RobT

Two friends dicussing music, that's not thread hijacking, carry on! Heathrow is the world's busiest airport and can be overwhelming for some people. Waiting around in Heathrow isnt much fun coz it's so crowded. Other than that its fine from my experiences there, except that you're sitting in the plane taxi-ing for at least half an hour to get to the runway. Neil, what went wrong when you were there? Jack, dont forget my sister, she'll be feeling left out!

The problems we ran into were mostly that it is both huge [i]and[/i] not very well laid out. There is also a bit of a problem we found with things not being labled very well. We had 2 hours from when we landed until our connecting flight took off, and we made it with less than 5 minutes to spare. While standing in one of the interminable lines we went through, I just kept hearing Pink Floyd in my head [i]("...hanging on in quiet despiration is the English way...")[/i] :rolleyes:

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived